turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

If I received my tax return on a turbo card will my check from the covid 19 stimulus package be deposited into the same account

Your debit card information is what is on your tax return under direct deposit. The details for the stimulus have not been completely finalized yet, please check back through the IRS link for more details. 

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Jlynn667

If I received my tax return on a turbo card will my check from the covid 19 stimulus package be deposited into the same account

Many of you are spreading incorrect information.

I filed my 2019 taxes with TurboTax AND had the refund advance (Turbo Card) tax prep fees deducted from my refund.

THEREFORE, when  I look at my 1040, the direct deposit info is for SBTPG, not me!! It is also not the routing and account for my Turbocard either. If I had paid fees up front without advance, then yes it would be. 

Because, when you have the advance, the intermediary Santa Barbara Bank gets your refund FIRST, then they send it to you. So the IRS did not have my bank info for tax year 2019, unfortunately.

So the question is:

WHERE WILL THE STIMULUS MONEY GO?

Turbocard advance and fees people want to know. Stop telling us to be patient, we will get it direct deposit when ya'll don't know that to be certain.

I think Trump and the feds don't realize how many people get their refund this way. I never did until 2019.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

We are currently waiting for the IRS guidelines regarding direct deposit information for all stimulus payments. We will have more information once the government finalizes those details. 

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/coronavirus/

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

So, interesting thing is- I did the advance without any fees being taken out and my Turbo card routing and account number match the one on my 1040. Will this mean I get the DD on my card?? I don't know. I'm with you when say to to Intuit- WE ALL TRUSTED AND USED YOUR PROGRAM PLEASE PROVIDE US SOME SORT OF INFORMATION. 

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

@jargon

We are still  awaiting further guidance on this. Once we have an update we will post them.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus

https://turbotax.intuit.com/coronavirus/

• Yes i looked into it and it the intuit turbo account your tax return was sent to will be where stimulas will be deposited

That is great, thank you. Do you mind if ask where you found that information?

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

[Edited 04/08/20]

So,  did you ever get an answer? It's April 6th.... i can't understand why i can read your question and reply but i cannot read the other comments!! My answer could be in there somewhere but I will never know i guess

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

@graisyn2027  We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the economic impact payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

Kellyp9785
Returning Member

I have my turbo tax card from 2019 will my stimulus check get deposited on it

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@Kellyp9785 It is still to be determined if the deposit will go through the third party processing bank. We are currently working with the IRS to determine how the stimulus payments will be issued. We will update this page when more information is available:

CARES Act - Stimulus Payment Information - Santa Barbara Tax Products Group

If the IRS does not use the TurboTax card, please see the information below the IRS has posted:

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

Please see the information from the IRS below, regarding the stimulus checks:

Economic impact payments: What you need to know

Please check for updates here: Coronavirus Tax Relief

896702C3-D400-4D8D-8D0E-E16CF164034C.png

7F181ACC-91DD-421D-B44F-6B22597BBDD4.png

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

"We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:IRS Coronavirus Tax ReliefTurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates"

[Edited 04/08/2020 | 1:00pm PDT].

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies