turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

j13

I was charged for premium services benefits that I didn't want and removed BEFORE I paid. But they showed up anyway on my receipt. How can I get that money back?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
ClarkeB

I was charged for premium services benefits that I didn't want and removed BEFORE I paid. But they showed up anyway on my receipt. How can I get that money back?

If you want to remove these benefits, you will no longer have the free option to pay with your refund, but you can choose to pay with your credit card.

Just changing your method of payment to credit card will not automatically remove Premium Services, you also need to elect to remove Premium Services.

Here’s how to delete Premium Services from your purchase: 

1. Sign in to your return, then click File in the upper right corner.
  2. Click Start next to Step 1 - Review your order.
    • If you don't see this, click Revisit next to You've chosen to deduct your TurboTax fees…When you get to your order summary, click Remove at the bottom of the Premium Services benefits section.

3. Make sure to select Pay with credit card when we ask how you want to pay.

Premium Services includes the free option to pay with your federal refund. After you remove Premium Services, and to not add it back to your order, you’ll need to provide a credit or debit card to pay any Turbotax fees (If you don’t do this, Premium Services will automatically be added back in to your order.)

You do not need to clear your return and start over to remove Premium Services.

By removing Premium Services, you cancel your 1-year subscription to Audit Defense, Tax ID Restoration, and Identify Theft Monitoring, and you will no longer have access to Priority Care. These benefits cannot be purchased separately.

null449

There is no "Remove" button/tab where indicated.....I guess I have to start over.....

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@null449 Refer to the following TurboTax FAQ to remove any unwanted fees prior to filing your return:  What can I do to reduce my fees?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The option of paying with my refund was very complex and there was certainly very little indication that it would cost $44 and automatically require me to sign up for the Premium Service. Very tricky, Turbo Tax. I think I'll try another company next year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies