turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I’ve already filed taxes for 2019 and I want to change my return from mail to direct deposit

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I’ve already filed taxes for 2019 and I want to change my return from mail to direct deposit

Once a tax return is filed and accepted the method to receive a tax refund cannot be changed.

If you have filed a 2019 tax return and need to change or add your direct deposit information, see this IRS website - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know
The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?
In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

spalvje
Returning Member

Quite literally moments after I submitted my return through TurboTax I noticed that directly on the IRS website it states that even if you owe money -- be sure to include your Direct Deposit info on your tax return...

..linked directly from the TurboTax site: (Same link given in this discussion.)

Only there's no way to enter the info through TurboTax. I probably wouldn't have rushed through my return this morning and file using TurboTax if I had known this was the case. Or at least found a way to get my deposit info on my return before it was too late :(

@spalvje wrote:

Quite literally moments after I submitted my return through TurboTax I noticed that directly on the IRS website it states that even if you owe money -- be sure to include your Direct Deposit info on your tax return...

..linked directly from the TurboTax site: (Same link given in this discussion.)

Only there's no way to enter the info through TurboTax. I probably wouldn't have rushed through my return this morning and file using TurboTax if I had known this was the case. Or at least found a way to get my deposit info on my return before it was too late :(

What IRS website states that if you owe federal taxes to include Direct Deposit information?  Link please...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies