turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I submitted my federal two months ago and have not been been debited yet.. status says pending, not accepted what should I do

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I submitted my federal two months ago and have not been been debited yet.. status says pending, not accepted what should I do

The IRS is way behind in processing returns and payments. 

It has now been almost another 2 months, since my last message, and your reply.

Still my account has not been debited for the IRS payment, nor have I received my state tax refund.

Can you please check to make sure that everything was received properly with the IRS. I have never known the IRS to take this long to take the money that is owed to them after filing my taxes.

Thank you,

Robert W

[phone number removed]                                          

[email address removed]                

Better double check your efile status here,
https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup

When you efile you get back 2 emails. The first email only confirms the transmission. The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc. What does it say?

If the IRS had trouble debiting your account (like if the account number was wrong) they will mail you a bill.   But they are taking a long time to debit the payments so it might be ok.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies