turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

I started filing on 1/15/2020, and my return still has not been accepted yet. Does anyone know why this could be? Is it just me?

The IRS states that 9 out of 10 e-filed tax returns with direct deposit will be processed within 21 days of IRS e-file acceptance. Mailed paper returns – Refund processing time is 6 to 8 weeks from the date the IRS receives your tax return. https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3532592-how-long-does-it-take-to-get-taxes

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I started filing on 1/15/2020, and my return still has not been accepted yet. Does anyone know why this could be? Is it just me?

Same here!

Is anyone’s tax return still say accepted and being processed but not approved? I filed and was accepted February 6th and it still hasn’t moved to approved. 

No one has recieved a federal return pay out yet it should be soon. You are the first ones that are being processed and mine. Ive read all threads no one has been paid federall yet it has been since the 27th the 21st day is Tuesday next week

My sister did it with H&R block. i filed Jan 16 with turbo tax and  she just filed hers end of Jan and she received hers yesterday 02/12 and she claims for child credit and filed as married. I have not received mines yet still waiting #pennsylvania 

mine still has not been approved?  and I was accepted Jan 27th.  

I filed mine on the 23rd. I looked into it and anyone claiming child dependents or EIC won't start recieving refunds until Feburary 27th due to a new identity fraud protection law. HTH.

Well thats not true my sister got hers and 

i spoke to a representative who a tax preparer and she said we will receive it after the 15th my sister got her refund and she claims For dependents . And i filed way before her . So we will see ours next week. 
#pennsylvania 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

You started filing, did you complete the process? If so, you can track your refund with the IRS. If not, you will have to complete your return. First check your e-file status. This Turbo Tax FAQ will show you how to check your e-file status. 

How do I check my e-file status?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/how-do-i-check-my-e-file-status/00/25538

Please use this link to track your refund from the IRS. https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/use-the-wheres-my-refund-tool

virbe5079

I filed its only been 4 days for me but I am still processing, so not accepted here yet either. I always use turbo tax and never had issue and normally receive a email within hours of filing saying IRS accepted return so I am not sure what's going on. Any updates?

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

If you e-filed your return recently, it'll stay in pending or accepted status until the IRS starts processing the backlog of returns.    

Please refer to the following help article for the details on your pending status.   

What does pending mean?    

Here's more information about an accepted return.    

What does accepted mean?   

@virbe5079

Chief711

Hello everyone,

I also had an issue with getting stuck in pending. I’ve never had this problem before, and it seemed that TurboTax had no idea and said it was up to the IRS.

So I contacted the IRS and they have no control over this, it’s a turbo tax error. So finally after hours on the phone today, I finally had my taxes rejected and the reason is the healthcare marketplace decided to add some updated questions to your tax returns.... that are not going to happen until February 20th 2020.

Turbo tax will have everything updated and you will have to log back on and make sure it’s after the 20th and add the new questions. If you have healthcare marketplace I guarantee you it’s on hold because of this. 
    It has nothing to do with your income or anything else they just want more info, and of course didn’t tell anyone about this. 
    So if other people filed and are getting approved within minutes it’s because they are either dependents, or single and get their healthcare through their employer. 
    Hope this helps everyone.... 😎🤙🏻

Did your sister possibly get the advance some places offer? 

Have you recieved your refund yet?

Diablo26

My returned was accepted January 27th but I still don't have my return?

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

Most Federal REFUNDS are issued within 21 business days of the return being accepted by the IRS (this is not based on when you filed).   Please keep in mind that once you e-file or mail your return only the IRS has any control over it.  The IRS will notify TurboTax when your return is accepted, there are no more updates given for the next 2 stages of Processing and Approval.   You have to go to Where's my Refund to get any further information.

Here is help for tracking your Federal Refund:

Where's my Refund

Here's help for tracking a state refund if you are getting one:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300211

If you qualified for the Earned income credit or Additional Child Tax Credit here is more information about the PATH Act delay, but keep in mind that the IRS site for Where's my refund, https://www.irs.gov/refunds  is the final authority.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5556415

While most refunds are issued within 21 days, sometimes there can be delays. 

Please see the following information about contacting the IRS if it has been more than 21 days:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302084

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies