turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I requested for direct deposit but didnt receive any refunds. Checked my status and it shows the refund will be mailed...? It has been 2 months since I filed my tax...

I requested for direct deposit but didnt receive any refund. Checked my tax refund status today and it shows the refund will be mailed...? What does it mean? It has been 2 months since I filed my tax...

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I requested for direct deposit but didnt receive any refunds. Checked my status and it shows the refund will be mailed...? It has been 2 months since I filed my tax...

According to the IRS' website there are 3 reasons why you may be getting a mailed check instead of direct deposit as you requested. They are as follows:

• We can only deposit refunds electronically into accounts in your own name, your spouse's name or in a joint account.
  • A financial institution may reject a direct deposit.
  • We can’t deposit more than three electronic refunds into a single financial account.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

The Account is under my name and I am single. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies