turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received an email from turbo concerning my second stimulus that I haven't received yet..how do I go about seeing if the case is my stimulus got put into a wrong account?

I need to speak to someone...this is not helping.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I received an email from turbo concerning my second stimulus that I haven't received yet..how do I go about seeing if the case is my stimulus got put into a wrong account?

I have the same situation, this is ridiculous!!

BillM223
Expert Alumni

First, confirm that the IRS thinks that you are eligible for the stimulus - from an IRS Press Release

How do I find out if the IRS is sending me a payment?

People can check the status of both their first and second payments by using the Get My Payment tool, available in English and Spanish only on IRS.gov. The tool is being updated with new information, and the IRS anticipates the tool will be available again in a few days for taxpayers.”

If the IRS website shows that your stimulus payment has already been deposited, but you don't see it in your account, then it is possible that your situation is due to an IRS error. The date may refer to the first, erroneous attempt to deposit the stimulus payment. Please see the following statement from TurboTax.

“The IRS recently began issuing a second round of stimulus payments to those eligible. Unfortunately, because of an IRS error, millions of payments were sent to the wrong accounts and some may not have received their stimulus payment.  

We have been working tirelessly on a solution with the Treasury and the IRS. As a result, our expectation now is that within days the error will be corrected and stimulus payments will begin being deposited into the correct bank accounts. We have also re-confirmed with the IRS that they have all of the correct banking information for our customers.”

Please give the IRS a few days to address this issue. Most taxpayers should not have to do anything.

Please see the Turbo blog post "Why haven't I received my second stimulus check" for more information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The email means that your check was put in the wrong account, sent back to the IRS, and TurboTax is working to get it to the right account.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies