Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

VideoDave1990
Returning Member

I received a deposit in the amount of $1475 from IRS TREAS 310 TAX REF on 4/15. Was this my stimulus money?

I am so confused here and I hope this makes sense...

I was supposed to receive $1475 from federal for income taxes and that same amount was finally deposited into my account yesterday morning (4/15)... coincidentally the day most of us were supposed to receive the stimulus money. But it was deposited by "IRS TREAS 310 TAX REF" which others have stated is the name listed for the stimulus money as well. I understand both come from the IRS but figured one would read STIMULUS or anything other than TAX REF.

Anyway, at 4:48pm (yesterday), I received an email from Turbo Tax stating the IRS has informed them that I should receive my stimulus money today (which would have been yesterday).

However, nothing else was deposited into my account. I have no kids or dependents so I'm assuming the $1475 was obviously my income tax money. But do you believe there was a screw up? I know my income taxes are separate from the stimulus money. Should I be concerned? I tried tracking my stimulus money on the IRS website but I'm getting the error message everyone else is getting. I'm just worried about this as I find the timing to be anything but a simple coincidence.

Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
KurtL1
Expert Alumni

I received a deposit in the amount of $1475 from IRS TREAS 310 TAX REF on 4/15. Was this my stimulus money?

The direct deposit wording on the Stimulus Payment does include the wording TAX REF. 

To verify that the funds that you received was your Stimulus Payment go to: Get My Payment.

They will give your the date of the deposit and the last four numbers of the bank account in which it was deposited.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies