Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pw98

I paid my taxes and it was accepted, but got a letter from the IRS saying I still owe? Can I settle this through Turbotax? I'd rather not have to deal with the IRS.

It's a CP14 letter from the IRS, seems to be legitimate, not a scam letter. I'd really like to avoid the long phone time with the IRS.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I paid my taxes and it was accepted, but got a letter from the IRS saying I still owe? Can I settle this through Turbotax? I'd rather not have to deal with the IRS.

You cannot make a payment through TurboTax nor can TurboTax contact the IRS on your behalf.

If you agree with the IRS notice then you can pay the federal taxes owed on the IRS payment website using Direct Pay - https://www.irs.gov/payments

If you disagree with the IRS then follow the procedure in the IRS notice you recieved.

IRS website for a CP14 notice - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/understanding-your-cp14-notice

There was just another post about CP14 letter.  It was for "when you don't pay enough taxes due for the year with your quarterly estimated tax payments, we charge a penalty for not properly estimating your tax."

Does yours say that too?  If you had a tax due, It's common and expected for the IRS to send a bill for an underpayment penalty.   It is determined by when the IRS actually gets your tax due payment which Turbo Tax won't know.

Or how did you pay the tax due?  Were you suppose to send a check or the IRS pull it out of your account?  Do you have proof it got paid?  Maybe the IRS had trouble debiting your bank account.

I got a letter from the irs that I owe $1519 for 2019.  I only owed $67 which I already paid.

@papillons126  wrote:

I got a letter from the irs that I owe $1519 for 2019.  I only owed $67 which I already paid.

If you agree with the IRS then pay the taxes owed.  If you disagree with the IRS then you can dispute the IRS findings using the procedure in the letter you received.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies