Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mbertuccelli-com
Returning Member

I need to review my 2019 tax return. I have the data file. I cannot figure out how to open the document. It doesn't seem to work on Turbo Tax 2020?

How do I open my Turbo Tax 2019 return?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I need to review my 2019 tax return. I have the data file. I cannot figure out how to open the document. It doesn't seem to work on Turbo Tax 2020?

If you have a 2019 taxfile then you would need 2019 software to open it. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

If you have a 2019 taxfile then you would need 2019 software to open it. 

mbertuccelli-com
Returning Member

That's what I was thinking. But when I went to my Turbo Tax account online and tried to pull up the Turbo Tax 2019 program to reinstall it, it didn't appear in my list of products...

I assume you did use the Desktop program for 2019?   And you have the .tax2019 file?   How did you originally install it?  From the CD or the download?  Did you buy it from Turbo Tax or somewhere else?  

If you bought the download from Turbo Tax, It's common to end up with multiple accounts. First LOG OUT of whatever TurboTax account you're logged into right now. Then use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of user ID's for an email address. Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used
https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/

mbertuccelli-com
Returning Member

Thanks! I was able to sort out the 2 user names and get access to the TT year I needed...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies