Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

janetsn

I may have made an error on the withholding amount. How do you get back to that page so I can check and change it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SandraM

I may have made an error on the withholding amount. How do you get back to that page so I can check and change it?

You can go back to that page to check and change your withholding amount. 

If you are entering withholding for a W-2, please follow these steps:

1. Open your return in Turbo Tax (past the Take me to my return button).
  2. Using the search feature in the upper right search for "W-2" and then select the "Jump to W-2" in the search results.
  3. Click "Edit" next to the employer W-2 you would like to check.
  4. Scroll down to "Income and Taxes Withheld".
  5. Change Box 2 if necessary. If you would like to check your state withholding, that is located in Box 17.

If it is not withholding for a W-2, you can enter the form in the "Search" feature in the upper right and search for that form. Then you can click on the "jump to" link as stated above.  Follow the steps to "Edit" and adjust the withholding for that form if necessary.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SandraM

You can go back to that page to check and change your withholding amount. 

If you are entering withholding for a W-2, please follow these steps:

1. Open your return in Turbo Tax (past the Take me to my return button).
  2. Using the search feature in the upper right search for "W-2" and then select the "Jump to W-2" in the search results.
  3. Click "Edit" next to the employer W-2 you would like to check.
  4. Scroll down to "Income and Taxes Withheld".
  5. Change Box 2 if necessary. If you would like to check your state withholding, that is located in Box 17.

If it is not withholding for a W-2, you can enter the form in the "Search" feature in the upper right and search for that form. Then you can click on the "jump to" link as stated above.  Follow the steps to "Edit" and adjust the withholding for that form if necessary.  

quadu

Ignore -  I went through every form and found a couple that had MI in the state column but no dollar amount.  I removed the MI and made sure all the boxes were empty - and error is gone.

I have a similar issue

-- when TurboTax is doing it's final check, it comes up with a line that says Other Withholding with an amount of $0.  Error is that it is missing the Payer's TIN. 

Since I don't know where the line is coming from, I don't know how to remove it or fix it or what to search for. Any ideas?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies