Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I made a mistake on my AZ non resident return. Luckily it had to be paper filed,, so has not been sent to AZ yet. Can I delete in in the TurboTax system and start over.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

I made a mistake on my AZ non resident return. Luckily it had to be paper filed,, so has not been sent to AZ yet. Can I delete in in the TurboTax system and start over.

Please see the below TurboTax Help Article for information on deleting a state return.

How do I delete my state return in TurboTax Online?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks Michelle

Here is where I am…I have paid my Fed and state filing fees

The Fed return has been filed electronically and is good..no changes needed

The state file had to be filed on paper due to a non resident business filing, so it has not been sent to the state

I discovered an error in the state one.

Thanks for the link and it seems to say I can start over on my state return even if I have paid the fees by going to the status of the return screen

Problem is, I can’t find that when I am logged in

Any advice?

Thanks

Dave K

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

You can follow the steps in the below help article to get you to the area you need to be in to delete your state return.

How do I e-file my state after I already filed my federal?

Hi Michelle.  Thanks for the reply but still think we are talking different things

Got a message that Turbo or AZ don’t support filing the non resident business form on line. I have to do paper

i made an error and just need to know how I can start over on the state form.  It has not been transmitted so I don’t need an amendment

Thanks

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are still having trouble deleting your state return, please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support for additional assistance. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

I paid my state fees

i have filed the return, but state had to be manually done since you don’t support the SB form

i discovered an error and need to correct the printed state form.

It has not been filed, so I don’t need to do an amendment 

instructions say I can not delete but can start over and to do that, I need to go to check status or return 

when I log in, I can’t find check status anywhere

can you advise where this is

just about to give up and do the manual state form entry

thanks

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

You are correct, since you have paid the state fees you cannot delete the return. 

You can check your status by following these instructions: 
1. Open the File menu

2, Select Check E-file status

3. Or, go to the File tab and select the Check E-file Status header

If you would like assistance with a refund on the state fees, please give us a call at 1-800-4-INTUIT (1-800-446-8848). @Dave61948 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies