Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I just wanted to submit the direct deposit info for the stimulus check, but ended up doing a full return to mail with no information on it. How do I fix it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
RobertG
Expert Alumni

I just wanted to submit the direct deposit info for the stimulus check, but ended up doing a full return to mail with no information on it. How do I fix it?

If you’re not required to file taxes and don’t receive Social Security benefits, use our free Stimulus Registration for non-tax filers to give the IRS your up-to-date mailing address and direct deposit banking info.

CORONAVIRUS TAX CENTER: 2020 STIMULUS

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes, that´s what I originally attempted to do, just use the stumulus check tool. Somehow I ended up doing a complete (empty) return and wants me to print it and mail it.   I cant use the tool anymore becuase the system believes I have a completed return.  I need to just erase everything and start from scratch because its all wrong

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

if you are successful at erasing, select https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/ link to stimulus registration (SR).  It is very important that you use this link that says register now if you don't need to file taxes this year.  Otherwise, you will not be able to E-file a zero return. It also has the calculator. Otherwise you will need to log into the IRS coronavirus website and enter the information there once the IRS updates that site. Keep checking back on the website for continued updates.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies