turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have already submitted my taxes. I included the 600 stimulus payment bc I haven't received it checked the status again and it said it has been mailed.What should I do?

I have already filed my taxes, I included the second $600 economic impact payment in my taxes because I haven't received it. I re checked the irs website and it updated and said now that it has been mailed. What should I do? Send it back to the irs or can I adjust my taxes after they have been submitted?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have already submitted my taxes. I included the 600 stimulus payment bc I haven't received it checked the status again and it said it has been mailed.What should I do?

MY RETURN IS IN PENDING—what does that mean?

Did you e-file?  Did you click that big orange button that said “Transmit my returns now?”  If so, your return is now in “pending” on a server.  Do not try to change anything while your return is in pending. If your return is rejected you will be able to make corrections before re-filing.

The IRS will not be accepting/rejecting 2020 returns until Friday, February 12, 2021.  You need to watch your emails for the acceptance/rejection notice that may take until mid-February or later to arrive.   And watch your spam folder too.

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

A state return cannot be accepted until the federal return has been accepted.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/2021-tax-filing-season-begins-feb-12-irs-outlines-steps-to-speed-refund...

We do not know if entering the wrong stimulus amount will delay your refund --- or for how long if it does.   The IRS has not offered any guidance yet on how they will handle returns that have incorrect stimulus amounts entered.  We all just have to wait and see.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

@cstrick853

Did you e-file?  Did you click that big orange button that said “Transmit my returns now?”  If so, your return is now in “pending” on a server.  Do not try to change anything while your return is in pending. If your return is rejected you will be able to make corrections before re-filing.

The IRS will not be accepting/rejecting 2020 returns until Friday, February 12, 2021.  You need to watch your emails for the acceptance/rejection notice that may take until mid-February or later to arrive.   And watch your spam folder too.

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/2021-tax-filing-season-begins-feb-12-irs-outlines-steps-to-speed-refund...

We do not know if entering the wrong stimulus amount will delay your refund --- or for how long if it does.   The IRS has not offered any guidance yet on how they will handle returns that have incorrect stimulus amounts entered.  We all just have to wait and see.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I have already e-filed my taxes recently. I have not received the second economic impact payment so I included it in my tax refund documents. I checked the irs website recently and seen that they have updated it and now have mailed it to me and it is in transit.  What do I do now? 

@cstrick853

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies