turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jquan2020

I have a 2nd W-2, I received it a week after filing with you guys, how do I file my 2nd W-2?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have a 2nd W-2, I received it a week after filing with you guys, how do I file my 2nd W-2?

You would need to amend your return to add the additional income.  Amend returns must be mailed & they can take up to 16 weeks to be processed.

Do not make any changes to your original filed return.  The amendment form (1040X for Federal) is not available to the end of February or later.  You will have to wait until then to amend your return to add the additional income, enter each one separably.  Amended returns must be mailed, they cannot be e-filed.

If you used TurboTax Online, simply log in to your account and select “Amend a return that was filed and accepted.” If you used our CD/download product, sign back into your return and select “Amend a filed return.” You must file a separate Form 1040X for each tax return you are amending.

Three weeks after mailing your amended return, you can start tracking it at the IRS Where's My Amended Return? tracking tool.  Please allow at least 16 weeks for the IRS to process your amended

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You would need to amend your return to add the additional income.  Amend returns must be mailed & they can take up to 16 weeks to be processed.

Do not make any changes to your original filed return.  The amendment form (1040X for Federal) is not available to the end of February or later.  You will have to wait until then to amend your return to add the additional income, enter each one separably.  Amended returns must be mailed, they cannot be e-filed.

If you used TurboTax Online, simply log in to your account and select “Amend a return that was filed and accepted.” If you used our CD/download product, sign back into your return and select “Amend a filed return.” You must file a separate Form 1040X for each tax return you are amending.

Three weeks after mailing your amended return, you can start tracking it at the IRS Where's My Amended Return? tracking tool.  Please allow at least 16 weeks for the IRS to process your amended

Manage cookies