Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I had to file my 2018 taxes through the download last year and I had PMI. With the tax extenders, I need to amend my 2018 return. How do I amend 2018?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

I had to file my 2018 taxes through the download last year and I had PMI. With the tax extenders, I need to amend my 2018 return. How do I amend 2018?

Please see the article below for instructions on how to amend your 2018 tax return.

How do I amend a 2018 return in TurboTax?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I followed these instructions, but it is not calculating the deduction for PMI. It is still only giving me credit for the interest I paid. Has TurboTax updated the 2018 software for this?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

This has not been updated yet.  

When is this update supposed to be made? 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

The developers are working as quickly as possible to integrate all of the last-minute tax changes made in December. I would suggest that you check back periodically, but it will most likely be sometime in March before the 2018 tax software is completely updated for these very recent changes.

This doesn't work.

Can we get an idea of when this update will come out???  I called Customer Service today regarding this issue and the 'expert' I talked to had no mention of this update; no idea what's going on here.  I wasted 2 hours on the phone with her convincing me that the problem was in my software and I had to delete it and reinstall.  Waste of 2 hours of my life appeasing her!  You need to 'clue in' your Customer Service people to what's going on.  Again, how long must we wait for this update?  I've tried overriding the cell to force the PMI, which gives you a 'result' on the screen...but the printed version doesn't include it :(  .  Frustrated beyond measure!

joycet401

It is now May and it doesn't appear that an update has been made to account for this change.

@joycet401 wrote:

It is now May and it doesn't appear that an update has been made to account for this change.

The 2018 software has been updated as of 05/07/2020 for the tax extenders.  Make sure that your software is at the latest release.  Click on Online at the top of the desktop program screen.  Click on Check for Updates.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies