turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I got a prepaid turbo tax card I’m trying to change it to my bank account so I can get my stimulus check

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

I got a prepaid turbo tax card I’m trying to change it to my bank account so I can get my stimulus check

The IRS is planning to open a "Get My Payment" application in mid-April to allow taxpayers to check on their stimulus payment and to update their direct deposit information. You can visit the following link for the most recent updates: Economic Impact Payments

Please see the following information about the Prepaid TurboTax Card for additional information:

In order to deliver money as quickly as possible to those who need it, the IRS is sending stimulus payments to eligible taxpayers who filed a tax return in either 2019 or 2018 and chose to receive their refund via direct deposit into their checking account.  These taxpayers will automatically have their stimulus payment deposited into the account they received their refund.  

We have not yet received confirmation from the IRS on whether they will be putting stimulus payments on prepaid debit cards.  However, we have noticed that the IRS has started depositing stimulus payments on some prepaid debit cards for taxpayers that chose to receive their refund through that method in tax year 2019 or 2018.  If you received your refund on a prepaid debit card in tax year 2018 or 2019, here is what you need to know: 

• I have access to my debit card: If you have access to your debit card (most people), there is nothing more you need to do.  If the IRS deposits a stimulus payment onto your prepaid debit card, you will be able to immediately use the stimulus funds upon deposit. 
  • I don't have access to my debit card: If you received a notification that you will be receiving your stimulus payment from the IRS on your prepaid debit card and no longer have access to it, we will have information coming shortly.  We encourage you to visit this site, where we are continually updating with the latest information and guidance. We know everyone is anxious to get their stimulus money and we are committed to helping our customers get access to their stimulus payment as fast as possible. 
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

You might not need to change it, I was planning on doing the same thing and give them my bank info, but today my stimulus was deposited onto my NetSpend prepaid card. So good luck and keep checking your card!

Will my stuimles check go on my turbo card

KarenJ2
Expert Alumni

If you received your federal tax refund by direct deposit on the Turbo Visa card then you will receive the stimulus payment by direct deposit on the Turbo Visa card.

If you received your federal tax refund by direct deposit into your bank account then you will receive the stimulus payment by direct deposit into the same account.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

To help everyone check on the status of their payments, the IRS is building a second new tool expected to be available for use by April 17. Get My Payment will provide people with the status of their payment, including the date their payment is scheduled to be deposited into their bank account or mailed to them.

An additional feature on Get My Payment will allow eligible people a chance to provide their bank account information so they can receive their payment more quickly rather than waiting for a paper check. This feature will be unavailable if the Economic Impact Payment has already been scheduled for delivery.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
taylorjason1978
Returning Member

If that is the case then why has my impact payment not arrived on my turbo visa debit card yet and whenever i call the number on the card it says due to the high volume of calls due to covid 19 there will be a longer wait time to speak with someone and we are experiencing a technical difficulty but our team is working on it to fix it. Then i go to irs site and click the get my payment and i put in the exact info that is on my 2019 tax return which i filed jan 31st and they say the info im giving them does not match the info they have on file this is becoming very frustrating to say the least

I used my information for my direct deposit using TT card was a fail.  I’m glad I purchased a green dot account I put that information in and BAM! All systems go😁. Now just the waiting game again..  Thanks a lot TT team for nothing!.

taylorjason1978
Returning Member

I know your a tax expert but your wrong on all accounts i spoke with someone from turbo tax this morning and was informed that you will not get your stimulas payment on the turbo tax card reason being is all the money each of us with a turbo card was getting all got sent to an account in Santa Barbara which is turbo taxes bank. Then who knows how long it will take but turbo tax will send each card holder a check in the mail. This is very dissapointing since on our tax return we all have our own direct deposit info but turbo tax is the middleman so the money is going to them before us very frustrating

taylorjason1978
Returning Member

I just spoke with a turbo tax support they said we wont get our stimulas on card due to all the money going to tirbo taxes bank in santa barbara then when they get the money they will mail all card holders a check 

@taylorjason1978 

Check this website and update your bank information if necessary.  AGI is line 7 on your 2018 return and line 8B on your 2019 return.  Refund is line 21a of the 2019 tax return. and line 20a for 2018

taylorjason1978
Returning Member

I just spoke with someone from turbo tax all card holders are getting a check mailed to them due to turbo tax being the middle man all our stimulas payments got sent to there bank in santa barbara now we have to wait for turbo tax to cut us a check 

@taylorjason1978 - I can;t imagine that to be true, despite what you were told.  if the IRS tries to direct deposit the money to a closed account, it will bounce back to the IRS and they will send a check out directly to you.  TT is simply not involved.  

you are best to do the following:

Check this website and update your bank information if necessary.  AGI is line 7 on your 2018 return and line 8B on your 2019 return.  Refund is line 21a of the 2019 tax return. and line 20a for 2018

taylorjason1978
Returning Member

Its true turbo tax has a main account that all refunds and stimulas go to in santa barbara then when they get the refund or stimulas they direct deposit the refund to direct deposit but in this case i was informed that direct deposit to card would not be happening and it rings very true if we were gonna get it direct deposit we would of received it already like 80 million other americans sorry this really upsets me and i keep trying to go onto get my payment at irs and for 2 days now it says try again later so there it is there

I feel your pain.... see these articles...... you'll need to update your info at the IRS website; TT and SB have noting to do with this...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/04/16/coronavirus-cares-stimulus-check/

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/16/use-a-commercial-tax-preparer-your-stimulus-check-may-be-delayed.htm...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies