turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

@Dogmom0228 wrote:

May I ask what number you called??

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

Or you may want to contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area. See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

@EXOTICINDIAN wrote:

What number are you calling please?

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

Or you may want to contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area. See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

My state happened but not my federal

Thank you so much, I will as soon as doctor visit it done.

I filed my taxes on Jan 30 I am still waiting on my federal refund. I owed the state and they took there money out on April 15. I dont understand why it has taken so long to get my refund .  What is the hold up?

Me too

I filed on Jan 30.  It's not right 

I tried this twice all the way thru and was told through the auto system that they were too busy to take my call to speak with a live agent as well as to call back later or tomorrow. Then the phone call disconnects. 

I efiled on March 7th.  I too sat on hold for an hour to talk to someone.   Because I spent over half the year being primary caregiver foe my elderly Mother (still am), my income was a good 3/4 short of normal.  This was my 1st year using Turbo tax (and I won't next year).. Because my income was significantly less, I was prompted to take the earned income credit...if I had known in advance that stupid credit of $216 would put my federal tax return into an INSTANT review, I would have let it OFF my return as this year the IRS started reviewing those returns with that credit and also those with the child thingie credit as well.  Given I wasn't even getting a huge refund to begin with, this infuriated Me!  I can see the IRS attempting to make sure people are not taking credits for children they don't have but NOT for a pittance of a yearly income with NO Itemizations and no dependents! 

The lady told me she would forward mine to whoever (can't remember the title), to be reviewed faster due to my caring for an elderly parent and not being able to work at all due to COVID and the risk of bringing it home to a 91 year old ...(whatever) and that would take 5 business days.   Again, whatever, it's been like 8 business days and I've heard nothing back.  Next year I won't have a full 52 weeks of work either due  to COVID and to the care giving so my mom doesn't have to go to a nursing hom. B I will weigh the difference in refunds to see if taking the credit is worth this wait...(although I realize COVID and the IRS being compromised is an unusual situation), however, they managed to send million of stimulus checks while STOPPING processing refunds which is crock of **bleep**!

I don't blame the TurboTax software for the credit.   The reason I will NEVER USE TurboTax again is because I used the option to take preparation fees out of my refund...due to the delay in refunds going out , TurboTax debited my bank account for the $110 FEE (so high because of adding the 1 sheet for the earned income credit to my return) and sent my bank account into a negative and cost me a $36 fee!  I talked to them the 1st time I got the email and they pushed it out til 5/28.  I talked to the IRS  BEFORE I called Turbo tax again..and they said they cud only delay 21 days.  They got thru a loophole I had with my bank which should have rejected the billing.... So these a'holes got their $110 cost for doing nothing, and I'm out the $110 plus $36 right now when I need every dime! I let Turbo tax know when my refund finally does go through all hell will break lose if they take thar $110 fee out of my refund!  TURBOTAX S***S!

I'm still waiting I need clear answers now no change in stimulas tool all it's say I'm eligible and it's my direct deposit that's all it is if they would correct it it mail it like my IRS federal it would be done I'm list in there mess and no one cares

Same here

Austpayer

I Filed 3/2/ 20 received 5071 C ID VERIFY 3/23 they day mine should of dropped to my DD because of virus i was not able to phone verify until 4/29/20 still no refund. So i called yesterday. 6/1/2020because i was told if your bar has not updated to show a status after ID Verify means you are now under a 60day review. So i called yesterday found out that. I will be under a 60 day review but she says that office is STILLED closed. But when they do open  send letters out i will get one. 

So i am to assume has my 60 day review started my guess is no. So maybe by 2021 i should have my taxes back in my DD.  

How do I figure this out

Why haven't I received my income tax return and stimulus check?

Where is my money@

Well I filed on April 15th and I have yet to receive a stimulus payment or a refund date😤!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies