Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

I filed my taxes on January 27, 2020 and the were accepted January 28, 2020. When I log on to the IRS where is my refund. It says we have no information.

According to the IRS, your refund could hit your account 1-5 days after it is sent by the Internal Revenue Service because banks vary in how and when they credit funds.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I filed my taxes on January 27, 2020 and the were accepted January 28, 2020. When I log on to the IRS where is my refund. It says we have no information.

I did the same thing....

Now i i got my state return February 13th

I am still waiting on my federal

Both where set up for direct deposit to the same account of course....

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please know that if you claimed Earned Income Tax Credit (EIC) and/or Additional Child Tax Credit. the IRS will not begin processing those returns until the end of February, please see this link for more information: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/some-federal-refunds-will-be-delayed-due-to-the...

Donwon09

Me too! Still waiting 

Mine was accepted on the 27th and im still waiting. It says processing. 

I didn't file for 

earned income credits 

Nor did i file for the child i dont dont kids.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@Wgorbey1   Turbotax gives an estimated date based on the IRS's 21 day timeframe. So it all depends on the IRS and how fast your tax return moves along in the system. TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS.

Even though the IRS issues 9 out of 10 tax refunds within 21 days, it's possible your return may require additional review and take longer to process.

Please see the TurboTax FAQ's below for additional information:

@CassLO , wouldn't i have been notified???  I understand though... But baffled that I wouldn't be notified.

jsala

mine also says received and still processing, its past the 21 day mark for me and nothing. i didn't file for any of the other credits so i dont know why its taking so long.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@jsala If your return was accepted less than 21 days ago, hang in there. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to go from acceptance to approval.  

Continue checking the IRS Where’s My Federal Refund? site for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight. You may also download the IRS2Go app to check your Federal refund status.

Please see the TurboTax FAQ's below for additional information: 

SimplySam

I’ve been lurking these threads which made me so unnecessarily paranoid, but hopefully I can alleviate someone else’s worries by posting my experience- I filed/accepted on 1/27 without any credits and it was “processing” up until the 14th when it had changed to “still being processed”. An overwhelming majority said the updated status of “still” meant I was either being audited/pulled for a random review or would need to ID Verify, which *might* ring true for a very small percentage of people, however, that was simply not the case for me. “Still processing” means just that- it’s being processed and they can’t guarantee your refund within the targeted 21 days. When I called the IRS on Tuesday, the agent informed me that no letters were sent out, no reviews or scary audits, I simply got grouped in with a bunch of other early filers who were accepted and subsequently delayed between the 27th-30th, but we’d start processing next week.

I had no access to my transcripts and continued to read horror stories other people shared, which only deepened my concerns- I, hesitantly checked WMR last night expecting to see the dreaded “still being processed” message but to my surprise it was updated to approved with a direct deposit date for 2/26.

The best advice I can give, is to be patient and not stress over a myriad of speculation found online. If you go back through the threads a lot of these people who had “still processing” have had great outcomes (with the worst of them ID verifying, and getting deposit dates pushed out a couple of weeks). If you’re still in that processing stage and don’t have access to your transcripts, call the IRS and speak directly to someone who can provide you with accurate guidance, so you’re prepared either way- independent research will honestly give you an ulcer.

I really appreciate the last few sensible people who have been positive throughout the process and gave me a shred of optimism. Good luck to everyone still waiting, I promise you will see updates coming soon!

sll2319

Filed my taxes on the 30th of January 2020 and both were accepted that day. Got state already, but the IRS website says it's still processing. Anyone received their refund who filed January 28 2020 or later?

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

The IRS usually begins issuing tax refunds on returns with the EIC or Additional Child Tax Credit in late February.

If your return contains either of these credits, you can track its status at the IRS Where's My Refund?  site.

Here is more information:https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/some-federal-refunds-will-be-delayed-due-to-the...

Hey

mine was accepted on January 27th and I have received my state tax. I am still waiting on federal to come through. The app they have just says it’s still processing. Anyone else encountering this? So annoying. 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

It's possible your return requires additional review for the IRS to process it. Please refer to the information below to see the different reasons for a delay. 

Why do some refunds take longer than others? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies