turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

Yeah i due mine in february 7

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

I filed mine on Jan 30. Way before the virus hit. I am getting unemployment and I.got my stimulas... They owe us interest on our tax money..  Still processing...  I read about this and they owe us interest every day there late...I am hoping by the deadline 15 of Juky we start to see something.

I filed feb 21 still shows in processing and irs told me allow until 8/8 or call back. Noone can tell me a thing. Ive called 5 times had 5 different excuses

Yes very depressing despite everything else going on

We got our starte but our fed still processing has been since Jan 28

And we should get paid interest on our money because if we owe them they would charge us interest. I filed in February the first week in February and nothing. I talked about another stimulus check and that's fine. I can use that to unemployed. But I really need my income tax. That's over $5,000. I can pay a lot of bills with that.

LW7
Level 3

Big Facts They Tripping

3 weeks ago I called in regarding my refund that I’ve been waiting for since 1/27/20 due to “identity verification “ like everyone else I’m in pending status. I asked the IRS on that call if I’d be getting interest for all this waiting and they hit me with the “no I never heard of that”, “were did you read that on our official website” “what tax topic said that” 🙄 then said I wouldn’t be getting any interest since the delay is related to the pandemic And it’s not necessarily the IRS dragging their feet. But like y’all said if we owed it be a whole different story smh 

The IRS spells it out loud and clear that taxpayers owe the agency interest and penalties for late payments, but it's significantly quieter about the fact that if the IRS is late giving you your tax refund, it will owe interest to you.

If the IRS doesn't issue you your refund within 45 days of the returns due date or the date it accepted your tax return (whichever comes later), it owes you interest for every day that the refund is late.

• If you file your return on or after April 15, IRS has an administrative time (typically 45 days) to process your return without paying interest on your refund.
  • Your return must be complete and signed.
  • If IRS pays you interest, then interest on the refund will start on the return due date, late filed return received date, or date the payment was made, whichever is the latest.
  • The return due date is generally April 15.

I found this on irs.gov

Of course the April 15 date is now July 15 and there is no updated information about how this pandemic will affect the dates and decisions made.

Finally getting my federal refund. Filed in early February, and sent follow-up materials in early March. Received the state refund and stimulus, but no federal. Federal is finally being processed this week, with a $58.28 increase for the delay... Should be getting it in my account between July 9th - July 14th...Pays to be patient sometimes! Thank you

Yes it does. I hope we get blessed soon

WOOHOO!!!

That is good news that people are beginning to get PAID! I too filed early Feb, provided additional documents Match 3, and received state and stimulus but no federal refund. I have been waiting what seems like forever. Phone reps have told me my refund  amount has been adjusted (due to marketplace insurance) but still has not been assigned a payment date 😡. It seems like our filing timeline is similar. Did your update just show up on WMR today?

Did you have an update on website or have ti call?

I'm not sure if it just showed today because the last time I checked was this past weekend. When I checked over the weekend, the site was down. I just know it changed from the processing message that so many others have had, to the attached image with the status of the return being processed. I've blocked the SSN portion and the amount of the refund for security purposes, but this is what it looks like when it gets going. 

My federal and 1 state return were accepted on 2/4, and the 2nd state return accepted on 2/14. The state return accepted on 2/4 sent me the refund on 3/3. There was no refund for the other state or amount due. I was sent a letter for additional information (mostly proof of income, deductions, identity, and filing pages), which I mailed to them on 3/9. They said it was not an audit, they just wanted additional information. Tracking indicates that the documents were received on 3/12. Turbo tax removed their fees from my account on 4/10. Initially, I thought this was odd by turbotax, but then I realized it probably had something to do with a delay of my federal return. The stimulus check came through on 4/15. 

Then, the shutdown happened. I followed up with just 3 calls (4/14, 4/29 and 5/29) during that time. 

Hope this helps!FederalRefundStatusImage7.8.2020.png

Thanks for attaching the screenshot. Very helpful!

I'm hoping the status page gives me a date for a refund soon. I e-filed mid-March.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies