Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cary7

I filed my return 4 1/2 weeks ago. I have an email that it was accepted by the IRS. IRS tool to track my return says "We cannot provide any information about your refund"

Any ideas? I've tried to call the IRS using a couple numbers but only get bots. Anyway to call a live person?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
ee-ea
Level 15

I filed my return 4 1/2 weeks ago. I have an email that it was accepted by the IRS. IRS tool to track my return says "We cannot provide any information about your refund"

The IRS telephone number is 1-800-829-1040, and they are available from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. local time, Monday thru Friday. 

Once you’ve set your language, don’t choose Option 1 (regarding refund info).

Press 2 for “For answers about you personal income taxes...” instead.

Next, press 1 for “For questions about form you have already submitted...”

Next, press 3 “for all other questions.”

Next, press 2 “for all other questions.”

When the system asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.

After it asks twice, you will be prompted with another menu.

Next, press 2 for “personal or individual tax related questions”

Finally, press 4 for all other inquiries. The system should then transfer you to an agent.

I'm in the same boat. I'm so aggravated. I called Turbo tax they said they would return a call within 111 mins! I'm not kidding 111 mins. They ended up calling back almost 4 hours later. Of course I missed the call at almost 8 pm.  They did this twice to me. I want my money back considering there is no professional email saying they messed up. An ETA would at least suffice. We are all in limbo and it's unacceptable. 

Thank you!!!

cary7

Thank you! These are such useful instructions. It's a shame they make it so difficult to actually talk to someone. I'm disappointed to report that it took over 20 redials to finally get connected to a call (each time the bot would say they are having higher than usual traffic and they can't take my call, try again later). So I get all the way through the steps listed below and the automated bot voice says they are not able to take my call right now and it disconnects. no reason given. Ugh! Guess I'll keep trying

NaDaAl

WTF is this game walkthrough for a public’s use system?? Good on you for getting this out, but Jesus Christ.  It should NOT have to be.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies