Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed my 2021 state and federal taxes by mail on 4/13/22. when can I expect to hear from them that they have been received and accepted?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I filed my 2021 state and federal taxes by mail on 4/13/22. when can I expect to hear from them that they have been received and accepted?

Months and months from now it may be processed ... if you mailed it to the correct place then it will eventually show up on the IRS WMR? tool ... check once a week until you see it on the system :   https://www.irs.gov/refunds

when mailed you are never notified that it has been received or accepted unless you use a mailing method that has tracking. then you'll only be notified it was received.  if you're due a federal refund you can check the IRS website but it could be many weeks before the return gets entered into their system.

and the same for most of the states.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies