Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed 2020 taxes and put did not receive stimulus but after filing i received my check what do i do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

I filed 2020 taxes and put did not receive stimulus but after filing i received my check what do i do?

The IRS has not addressed this yet. They will not open until February 12 and at that time they will start to see situations like yours. You would not be able to amend until that time and in the meantime, they may establish a guideline. 

Information is continuing to be updated. Please see this LINK for more information.

It is best to not spend the check as they may request it back.

The IRS posted that they will be checking all the stimulus entries on the returns against their records and if your return is incorrect the will fix it automatically however this could increase your processing time.  Just sit tight and wait.  

question for you 100 percent of the time my taxes are seized for child support so this 600 would be the fist money I would be getting back in a long time  so if it does not  matter about extending processing time would it be feasible to cash the Check and let them correct the 600 dollars on the taxes 

I highly doubt you will be getting this $600 either ... only the ADVANCE payment was exempt from child support but the amount added to your tax refund is up for grabs.   I have not seen anything posted that contradicts this information.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies