Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I did my taxes using Turbo Tax but the program is not showing on my computer

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

@ walden2021-  wrote: "I did my taxes using Turbo Tax but the program is not showing on my computer"

What does that mean???   It's not clear what you are experiencing.   Underneath your question you indicated you are using Online TurboTax, i.e., the web version, as opposed to the desktop software (CD/download).  So it's not clear what you mean by "the program is not showing."   If you used desktop software, then the information that follows below (for Online TurboTax) will not apply.  If you used desktop software, then you need to explain your issue in full so that we can know what your question means.

Since your question above has the "Online TurboTax" tag, I'll go ahead and give some information in case this is what you are experiencing:

Did you file a 2021 tax return using Online TurboTax, and now when you log in, is there no evidence that you prepared and file an online 2021 return in that account, and it's acting like it wants you to start one?

If there's no evidence that you used that online account to prepare your online return, then you may have multiple accounts and signed into the wrong one.  Many people end up with multiple accounts without realizing it.   Here's how to troubleshoot for multiple accounts (User IDs) :

You can have up to 5 accounts that use the same email address for notification purposes.  A User ID may be an email address, but it doesn't have to be.  It might be only part of an email address, or it can be anything at all.

To get a list of your User IDs, reset password, and recover account access, etc., you can use the tool at the link below.  When using the Account Recovery tool, try using your phone number first if you can still access it.   After that, if necessary, then run the tool on your email address(es) you can access.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that on your phone number you can still access and email address(es) that you can access,  here's another method:

Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, scroll down a bit, then choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

To clarify. Taxes were completed.  However when I attempt to open Turbo Tax. I get the message "application was unable to start correctly" I have deleted the Turbo Tax program and reinstalled it from my previous download and I get the same result. I hope this better explains my issues. It appears from what I have read that others have had similar experiences.

Would appreacite your insight.

@ walden2021- wrote:

To clarify. Taxes were completed.  However when I attempt to open Turbo Tax. I get the message "application was unable to start correctly" I have deleted the Turbo Tax program and reinstalled it from my previous download and I get the same result. I hope this better explains my issues. It appears from what I have read that others have had similar experiences.

Would appreacite your insight.

I'll assume you installed the program on your computer's hard drive. It's not recommended to install it on an external device.  You also need to say if it is the Windows version or Mac version.  If it's the Mac version, I can't comment much since I don't have a Mac, but can get someone to join in who does. 

If it's a Mac version, did you do the full uninstall and reinstall this way?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/remove-uninstall-turbotax-for-mac/00/26050

As for the Windows version, try running the program as an Administrator.  Here's how:

• Right-click the TurboTax icon on the Windows desktop screen.
  • In the context menu, choose "Run as Administrator."
  • If that option is not in the context menu, then choose "Properties."
  • On the Properties popup choose the Compatibility tab.
  • Then choose "Run this program as administrator."   Click APPLY, then OK.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies