Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

byberkan
Returning Member

I did a paper filing but my federal is being around 7 weeks but cant see anything on IRS refund status page?

I did a paper filing and prepared via Turbo Tax but my federal tax return is being around 7 weeks but cant see anything on IRS refund status page? It keeps telling me that I might be entering wrong information but all it is asking, exact refund amount, my ssn, and my filing type (like married etc..) I am 100% that I am entering them correct. 

I am not asking why I didn't get my refund yet, but I am asking at least, should I supposed to see the status by now?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I did a paper filing but my federal is being around 7 weeks but cant see anything on IRS refund status page?

After seven weeks you should be seeing something on the IRS site for a mailed return.  Did you mail it with tracking--UPS or certified mail--so you would know it was received?  If not, it might have gotten lost in the mail.

To change to e-filing:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3399683-how-do-i-change-from-mail-to-e-file-in-turbotax-online?jum...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
byberkan
Returning Member

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have my tracking and confirmed that on February 10th, it has been received. When i was doing my tax return I also applied for my wife to get ITIN with W7 form. But IRS responded that I also need to provide some other documents to be able to get the ITIN which I still didn't response (as government services are not easy to get done now due to the pandemic, I still couldnt prepare those documents) so I wonder if that ITIN number request holding my tax return? But it should be totally separate than my return, isnt it?

PY-Lai

I have the same situation. To your question, your return might depends on ITIN application because your application is submitted to IRS Austin Service Center ITIN Operation, which responsible for processing your return too. They might wait for all materials before they start processing your return.

I would suggest contacting IRS to check the status, but the office is closed now.

byberkan
Returning Member

Thanks for your response. I have contacted with Turbo Tax Premium Support, and the CPA suggested that if I am okay to give up the ITIN at this moment, I can re-send the filing without W7 form this time and mentioning "Not a Resident Alien" in SSN box for my wife.  So I resent it last week. We will see.. Hopefully it would be processed this time. 

db541
Returning Member

Curious as to whether you've received your refund on refiling.  I paper filed around April 16, 2021 and still no refund or status on IRS site.

Thanks,

David

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies