Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I applied for the refund advance and now my return has been accepted, but I haven't received anything regarding the advance.

I can PROMISE you, everyone else on this post, AND TURBOTAX, that after this false advertisement, and tactic to get people to use there service I will NEVER use TurboTax again in the future. This is completely ridiculous and uncalled for. Times are hard for many Americans. Oh and if you got ACTC it’s going to flag your return as the irs taking all or part of your refund for a debt. I contacted the irs and I owe them NOTHING, I have a zero balance and no notices(because TurboTax already deducted this money from my refund when I put it in for my return)for my account. The refund advance bs was just a way for TurboTax to lure you in and take your money KNOWING that most  filers will get ACTC…..

I applied for the refund advance and now my return has been accepted, but I haven't received anything regarding the advance.

The truth is the product is a scam to get people to apply for credit karma accounts which now all money from irs will be deposited in the account even future stimulus (if any). It’s a scheme to get their clientele and cash flow up that’s why they say” prequalified and not approved” They get you excited for the amount then never give it to you because your money is going to be deposited into their bank anyway without any real benefits to you. I foresee a class action lawsuit coming out of this because too many people are being tricked by their false advertising scheme.

I filed on the 25th and it was accepted same the same day. TT CK and the bank have no record of my application. No denial email. Please let us know when/if they email you back. 

I filed on the 25th and was accepted same day and I'm having same problem. So it's not the 24th exclusively. Also im in a tax return FB group and many people who filed 24 and prior recieved advance hours after they were accepted. They definitely have a glitch where TT didn't send to CK and now has no record. So frustrating and more so that both companies blame the other. Not professional at all!!

Well mine was accepted on the 24th and I didn't get so much as an email confirming it and I never received an approval or denial I tried to get a hold of TurboTax and Credit Karma and they both point the finger at each other but I finally got ahold of someone that was higher up at TurboTax and he told me there's an investigation and trying to figure it out and he confirmed that I did turn in an application for it which I knew I had because I look back in my tax documents and it's right there Unfortunately they don't have very much information they want to give us and I'm not exactly sure what is going on but this is my first year using TurboTax.  I thought this was going go smoothly but I guess not

@Cass0317  Hundreds of us are still waiting for an explanation about this situation. Any answers about your “investigation”?

@Shanchele @Roberthorchar  @sydney3897 

Has anyone received an explanation or status of their “investigation”??

No!! My next move is to call first century bank Monday because they are closed over weekend. Turbo tax and credit karma have no answer to what is going on. This is definitely going to be a lawsuit. Has anyone else noticed that not one turbo tax agent has commented on any of the post with any type of explanation on what is going on. 

@AimeeW  Yes I have noticed that as well. I have emails from corporate office with their blatant lies and have filed with BBB and requested a class action lawsuit with Morgan & Morgan. I encourage everyone to do the same thing. They clearly don’t care. Also, the bank is open today. I just spoke with them again and was told that they have nothing on file for me. Explain how I was “denied” TT… Impossible to be denied for a loan application that they NEVER sent over. This is ridiculous and they need to be held accountable for the stress they’ve caused and for intentional deception. 

@sbooth6727 

I mentioned to them today that I feel like we could have manually entered the info by now-and asked if it was lost.

They responded with more apologies, confirmed there is an investigation, and it's been escalated. 

That was 1:23pm est

The bank has no info. I called them (press 4, it's not an option on the automated menu but takes you to a rep). They said they have no info and to call TurboTax.  Turbo tax once again said to call Credit Karma. Credit Karma days they have no info and it comes from Turbo tax do at this point Turbo tax (who is blaming CK) is at fault. It's like my application never was sent to Credit karma.  We need to keep calling TT and blow them up. Last year when they screwed up the stimulus checks they initially said nothing they could do and we had to wait etc... but so many people blasted them on FB/Twitter that finally the CEO had to address it and we got our money in 48 hours after that. Go to there FB page and just Comment on every post about it. The more calls, bad reviews and threats of lawsuits they get the better. If call TT we need to demand a supervisor and the reps just don't care or know until they get a script to read once trickled down. Nobody will care or even make a statement unless enough people make it be known. If you google this issue this is the only thing that comes up. No statements, no apology. NOTHING!!

@Shanchele  At least some of their employees are aware of this “investigation” but most people I’ve talked to tell me they know nothing about it. I’ll be curious to see how their so called investigation turns out. It’s probably just their way of putting all of us off. 

@Redx73  I contacted corporate and they lied to me as well so I’m not sure I have faith for any of them at this point. Intuit owns TurboTax and Credit Karma. I will never use an Intuit owned product again. I’ve contacted the BBB and given information to Morgan & Morgan to start a class action lawsuit. 

@Tanisha317  I wouldn’t count on it at this point. They’ve done nothing but lie to all of us. SMH

Maybe we should bring it to more people's attention.

The bad publicity at this time of year is surely not what they would want. Surely. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies