turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cbthies

I amended my return using Turbo Tax, but it does not reflect my Recovery Rebate previously reported on my 1040SR. The calc is correct, but "0" is shown in column A

Should I e-file with turbo tax error, or should I print and correct the columns
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I amended my return using Turbo Tax, but it does not reflect my Recovery Rebate previously reported on my 1040SR. The calc is correct, but "0" is shown in column A

Do not file an incorrect 1040X to correct an incorrect 1040,

or you will be in twice the difficulty.

1040-X line 15 reflects changes in line 30 of your revised 1040.

Note that line 30 is the amount of EIP1 and EIP 2

that you qualify for but  did not already receive.

cbthies

I received a rebate when I filed my 1040-SR. When I amend my tax in Turbo Tax it shows "0" in column A (Original Amount) and the full amount I am now due (original plus amended) in Column "B" (Net Change). This does not effect column C (Correct Amount), but the form is not correct. 

Talk to TurboTax Customer Support if you don't understand what TurboTax is doing.
OR

wait for more software updates, before trying again.

It is only the first day.

Bulik
Returning Member

@cbthies exactly what happened to me. I received the rebate on original 1040 but on 1040x it shows 0 on column A then column B and C is the amount on my line 30 of my original 1040. The IRS returned my 1040x and says explain your input on line 15. not sure if  something wrong with the software.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies