turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

happy4599

I amended my federal taxes and I am to receive a refund, but it has not arrived. How long does it take to get a refund from an amended federal?

I put in a wrong code and paid what it said I owed.  I realized my error and amended my return.  It was accepted and am waiting on my refund.  How long should I expect this to take?  I submitted the amended return as soon as it opened.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I amended my federal taxes and I am to receive a refund, but it has not arrived. How long does it take to get a refund from an amended federal?

Amended returns can take 6 months or more to process. 

The amended return will not be processed until the original return has processed AND it could then take 6 months or more so just be patient. 

In the future never file the return until you review  the entire return for errors, sleep on it at least 1 night and then do another complete review so you can avoid the situation you find yourself in ... there would be a lot fewer amended returns if everyone would just take a moment before they file.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies