turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to view a "detail" from a TT 2017 on my Win-1--Pro ?

There is a section here in TYT 2018 where I want to check last years "detail" lines ... they are NOT appearing in my TT2018. So, I have the CD from the past years. Should I re-install 2017, perhaps on another Drive? Or is there another way to open that 2017.TAX2017 file?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

@Ovcharka wrote:
So, I have the CD from the past years. Should I re-install 2017, perhaps on another Drive? Or is there another way to open that 2017.TAX2017 file?

You can install the 2017 program since it will peacefully co-exist with your 2018 TurboTax install.

There is no other way to open the .tax2017 file except with TurboTax, which is the rationale behind saving all forms, schedules, worksheets, et al, as a PDF.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

@Ovcharka wrote:
So, I have the CD from the past years. Should I re-install 2017, perhaps on another Drive? Or is there another way to open that 2017.TAX2017 file?

You can install the 2017 program since it will peacefully co-exist with your 2018 TurboTax install.

There is no other way to open the .tax2017 file except with TurboTax, which is the rationale behind saving all forms, schedules, worksheets, et al, as a PDF.

Although I did save PDF .. I am sure I didn't find to save the Supporting-Detail pages ... thanks a lot for the help though .. I will re-install TT2017

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies