Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How-to print worksheets with returns 2021

There used to be a way in TT online, IIRC, to specify that you want all the worksheets included in the .PDF when you print/view returns. I still see a Q/A about how to do this for 2020. It never seems to offer the option to include all of the non-filed worksheets and backup data any way I've tried it in 2021...

How can I include all of the non-filed worksheets used in preparing the returns for 2021?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

@dw808 

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2021 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

View solution in original post

10 Replies
EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

You may print your worksheets by following the steps below:

1. Login to your Turbo Tax account
  2. Navigate to Tax Tools (found on the left hand side of the screen)
  • Click on Print Center
  • Click Print, save or preview this year's return (make sure to select the option to include worksheets)

I am attaching a screenshot of how this should look.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I see no such choices. What I see is below. This may be because my returns are presently in the Rejected state because, apparently, some TT problem due to be fixed in a 2/25 release. Even before they were rejected, I did not see options like your screenshot shows.

Screenshot 2022-02-23 105319.png

@dw808 

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2021 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

Even for prior years, I see no such choice. Below is 2020. You'd like to think the download/print choice would offer options to get forms or forms and worksheets. It doesn't. It just immediately downloads all returns but with the worksheets, where every way I've tried to download the current return gets no worksheets and no option to include them.

Screenshot 2022-02-23 110138.jpg

@dw808 If the Add a State link is not shown on the Tax Home web page the that would be because the 2021 federal tax return has not been e-filed and accepted by the IRS.  This usually happens if you requested to have the TurboTax account fees paid from the federal tax refund and the federal return has been rejected.  If you had paid the fees with a credit card you can view/print/download your complete 2021 tax return at any time to include all worksheet.

That problem is because I'm in Federal eFile Reject state, so state is Rejected as well, because of some problem in the TT model; TT says it will be fixed in a 2/25 release. But I did find my way to Print Center and it does show the expected options. Thanks!

debthebat

This worked for me! My issue however is this is NOT Intuitive to anyone especially if you live in a  state that has no income tax filing requirements like TX!

@debthebat "this is NOT intuitive"

Ain't that the truth! It's almost as though TT wants to keep you thinking that how your taxes get calculated is a big mystery.

I've filed and my returns have been accepted. It seems that TTax doesn't allow you to download Worksheets after filing. I've gone through the suggested steps, including doing a State Review. I get to the point where I'm told the return status is "filed". "View or Print return" no longer offers Worksheets and when I click on the hyperlink only Forms are downloaded. Before filing, the option to download Worksheets was available. Fortunately, I downloaded an earlier version, before TTax fixed a software problem for IL State tax.

Question for TurboTax: why have you made it impossible to download Worksheets after filing? In previous years, it was possible, even if one had to go through non-intuitve steps.

Hello everybody ... BEFORE you file you are given the chance to review the return with all the worksheets so SAVE the PDF at that time (not just look at it).  Otherwise you will need to either wait until December to get the PDF with all the worksheets  OR  use the "add a state" trick to get back in to the Print center.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies