turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How long does it take to see a deposit for child support arrears? My child's father is past due nearly $1200 and pays by state DCS . Will his return bring him current?

Hello, 

Quick question i was just wondering did they hold your child support for 180 days because he filed jointly? They placed a hold and Im hoping they release it sooner, the hold was placed on april. 

DAVLIN
Returning Member

How long does it take to see a deposit for child support arrears? My child's father is past due nearly $1200 and pays by state DCS . Will his return bring him current?

Good luck getting any information on out of the local or the stat office. 

@Esepulveda 

The 6 month waiting period is to give the filer time to either amend the return and/or the file an injured spouse form .. that is just the way it is and there is no changing the system so you should never count on having the money and just be happy when some finally shows up.  

hannahleyah
Returning Member

Has anyone received their child support tax yet ??  Mine has come September 5 for the past two years but it has not got here yet 

DAVLIN
Returning Member

I finally got mine on September 11

Tammara89

What do you mean you can see the payment in the records?? Maybe you saw it a couple days before it was deposited. I'm on my 6th month but I called and they said at the end of the 6th month even tho it was intercepted April 3rd I thought it would be around the 3rd of Oct

Lulu0888

Did you ever get it??

I was just wondering ladies? How long was it before you got your baby daddies refund deposit, I’m getting his for the very first time and it’s exciting considering he never pays me anything, well he just got his letter Thursday March 12th 2020, about what time should I be looking forward to the funds? 

JVEGA0523TX
Returning Member

Hi, I can see the payment posted on March 9th in the child support website it’s showing in my account under payments, how long you think before they release it to my card? 

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@JVEGA0523TX You may want to reach out to your banking institution or to the IRS for more details about when you can expect to have access to your funds. Contact the IRS

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
JVEGA0523TX
Returning Member

thanks for the info on your experience. One question for you, was it 4 mo from the date shown in your CS account? I can see it in my account as of March 9 but not yet released. So 4mo from that date? Although I know it can take up to 6. 

DAVLIN
Returning Member

I finally got the deposit in late August to early September. 

So they don’t tell you because they give a chance for the father to “react” to it. Meaning in order to get your money super super fast within a week is if the father sends a letter with all the info and signed and dated that he doesn’t want a trial or a hearing over his tax money and stimulus money. They don’t want you to know they give the fathers a chance at taking it to court and having it reversed. How do I know? Cuz I made my ex call enforcement and they told him this and he sent the letter in and I just got my money only a few days later. Honestly it’s pretty messed up they do this for moms and kids. I’m definitely feeling the system is against us not for us!

FAIRTAX

They keep the funds in an interest bearing account and they will keep it as long as they can to gain interest!! They don't care about you or your children...Their` greed is abundant....

How long do it take to get my child stimulus check. From her father who is in back child support for 52,000.00

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies