Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do you delete income in an area on an amended tax form if your income was self employed but placed in wages? looks like its not an option while amending

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

How do you delete income in an area on an amended tax form if your income was self employed but placed in wages? looks like its not an option while amending

Simple fix ... start the amendment process then click on the Wages & income section and edit the W-2  and delete the unwanted form.   

How did you enter it as a W2?  Did you get a 1099NEC for it?  Do you need to enter expenses?  After you delete the W2 entry, add it on Schedule C.   Is this your first time with self employment income?  I have more info on that.

How to enter income from Self Employment

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/self-employed/help/how-do-i-report-income-from-self-employment/00/...

Actually I would just enter your total income as Other self employment income or as Cash or General income.  You don't need to get a 1099NEC or 1099Misc or 1099K.  Even if you did you can enter all your income as Cash.  Only the total goes to schedule C.

To move income, you must zero it out in the wrong place, and re-enter it in the correct place.

TurboTax provides the EDIT/UPDATE and REVISIT commands for this.

@bullard754 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies