Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How do I know how much my stimulus check is and of it'll go on my TurboTax card

@Callie2019  - there is a weekly cutoff for direct deposit.  Per the IRS 

Individuals who enter their direct deposit information into the portals by Thursday of a week reportedly will be paid the following week.

but there is a cut off required if you are getting a paper check to ensure they don't send a check and a direct deposit. appears you got caught in that. 

The irs is playing too many games with people. There stupid web page says they update once per night. Well we’re is the **bleep** update because my payment status has been the same since 4/16/20933962CB-D2A4-4D12-948B-DE9B027A808B.png

@Attention316 - banking updates made by a Thursday are supposed to cause the direct deposit by the following Friday, so should be in the next few days. 

I got a check everyone ! Even though I updated my bank info I still received a check today ! 

Will it still happen even though my payment status has not yet been updated?

Glad to hear you got your check.  Unfortunately we still have not received ours, but I did reach out to news outlets that were printing stories stating that "According to TurboTax, all TurboTax customers who filed 2019 returns and used the Turbo card already have or will receive their stimulus deposit via the Turbo Card and are reporting ZERO issues with their customers in regards to the stimulus payment".  

I was shocked <actually can't even say it shocks me anymore> to see such a bold face lie; especially when this money is so vital to so many people & can be very easily verified by simply looking through the threads on here.  Think about it, MOST of the customers who requested the Turbo Card advance was because they already live paycheck to paycheck and depend on the IRS & our tax professionals to ACT like professionals and atleast answer some questions & HONESTLY too.  

My husband's and mine are both now stating they will be mailing a paper check on April 24th; even though I had updated and CONFIRMED our banking info and had a confirmation that our stimulus payment would be direct deposited into our account. 

When this is all said and done, I still want an answer as to WHY half of their customers got theirs straight on their card like we were told would happen, and the other half of us are left scrambling [with zero help from Turbo Tax or the IRS] to figure out where our money is and how to access it. 

*I am generally a positive person, so I am trying to find the silver lining here.  I guess it's that when everyone else has already done spent their stimulus check, we'll just be getting ours.  

Good luck everyone.   PLEASE let everyone on here know if you do receive your check just so the rest of us have some hope haha. Thanks

@Katkassel - this is what Turbo Tax says on it's website: 

"2020 Stimulus Update: The IRS has begun sending stimulus payments to everyone eligible. We've sent the IRS the info needed to get stimulus payments to TurboTax customers. To confirm when and where your payment will be sent"

it's technically a true statement because they did send your tax return to the IRS and that contains "the info needed to get the stimulus payments to you".  But what it doesn't say is HOW the payments are going to get to you (direct deposit or paper check).  It's shady.  

I've seen a few other statements from TT that are technically correct but when you read them very, very closely they circumvent the real issue that the loan advance product and the product where you have the fees subtract your fees from the refund create - it causes them to be paper checks unless you update your banking information at GET MY PAYMENT. 

i feel your pain. 

@Katkassel - the scramble appears to do with those that took out a loan advance or had the fees subtracted from their refunds. The story is longer than that but that is the issue in a nutshell. 

@diamondmoore The IRS hasn’t started issuing paper checks. 

@Rxlama001 - yes it has... this week.... based on your income.... at the rate of 5 million per week

@diamondmoore 

week of  April 20 - incomes under $10k

week of April 27 - incomes under $20k

week of May 4 - incomes under $30k

etc

@NCperson it seems unlikely if they started cutting checks yesterday that someone would have received one already - I should have elaborated on my point. I would caution the OP to confirm it’s not a scam. 

@Rxlama001 when you go to cash the check, the bank will closely review to ensure its authenticity.

But i got to say, there are a LARGE number of folks posting in this community that they got checks yesterday or today or the IRS GET MY PAYMENT website is indicating days this week.  Hard to believe they are all scams 

here is an article from a reputable organization stating that checks have begun going out.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackfriedman/2020/04/21/stimulus-checks-schedule/#7ccd40c87b84

I know of 10 different ppl/families that got the advance and still received theirs via Turbo Card Wed. April 15th so it's not bc of the advance. The one was the EXACT same filing status, filing date, etc. As me & my husband and theirs went straight to their card.  Upon checking the irs website it said we were eligible and needed bank info.  Once I got the info they wanted I "SUCCESSFULLY CONFIRMED MY DIRECT DEPOSIT INFO & WEBSITE WOULD BE UPDATED NO MORE THAN 1× EVERY 24 HRS". NEXT DAY IT STILL SAID CONFIRMED FOR DIRECT DEPOSIT TO ACCT # XXXXXXX AND THEN AS OF YESTERDAY IT TOLD US BOTH WE SRE GETTING A PAPER CHECK APRIL 24TH SO WTF.... IT SEEMS LIKE ANYONE WHO UPDATED THEIR BANKING INFO ON 4/16/20 THERE MUSTVE BEEN A GLITCH OR SOMETHING 

I don’t have to sit on here and say lies , I got mine today the irs began issuing them early , then I’m low income so for sure I was one of the first checks . 

171EDB1B-EFFC-4CC8-AA8C-2D978DB02EC8.jpeg

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies