turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wkim9823

How do i change my bank account number i put in the right routing number just the wrong account number

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

How do i change my bank account number i put in the right routing number just the wrong account number

Once your return has been accepted (or mailed), it's too late to change direct deposit bank account information. If the information provided is for a closed or invalid account, the government will mail you a refund check.

Now, if your recently e-filed return is in pending status, wait to see if it is either accepted or rejected.

• If rejected, open your return in TurboTax and go through the File section again to update your bank account before re-submitting your return with any applicable corrected information.
  • If accepted, you'll get your refund check in the mail or will be direct deposited if a valid bank account was listed when you filed.

If you have not e-filed or mailed your tax return already you can change the bank account information, go to the "File" section to make the change:

• Login to TurboTax and go into your tax timeline, select the File tab.
  • There are three steps listed. Click on Start/Revisit next to Step 2.
  • You'll have the choice for in my bank for direct deposit or paper check to receive in the mail, make sure the I want my refund deposited into this account box is unchecked.
  • Select direct deposit, correct the information and then click continue at the bottom. 
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
bamboosky

I put the wrong routing number in the turbotax system, but have not mailed the tax return yet.   I put the right Account Number though.

can I fix the routing number now before I mail the return.???  how do I do that?

Log in ... scroll down and click on ADD A STATE to open the account then complete the FILE tab again to make the correction. 

ADD A STATE 2019.png

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies