turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I access the TurboTax form questions/answers?

When I filled out my taxes with TurboTax Self-Employed, I entered detailed income sources (for example, one for each online shop) to help me categorize it better. 

TurboTax of course combined all of this when filling out my Schedule C and 1040. 

How do I access those question/answer fields, the ones that were filled out as TurboTax asked questions as I progressed in the process? I don't want to download my actual filed 1040 etc forms, I want to access the casual question/answer forms that TurboTax uses during the filling-out process. 

When filling out 2019, it provided 2018 info to compare, so I know they keep a record of it somewhere in my account. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Sorry but the IRS only wants the totals on the tax returns so that is all that is on the forms.   The detailed input screens was only for your benefit and IMHO a waste of time if you keep good accounting records as you should all year.

Now ... to see the details either in the program or on the worksheets that were produced : 

1)  log in and scroll down and click on ADD A STATE to open the 2019 return (this option will only work until 10/31) then you can review all the entry screens but you MUST  NOT make any changes in the online program.

2)  once you have opened the 2019 return in option one use the PRINT CENTER  to save a PDF of the return with and without the worksheets for future reference (this is the safe option so you don't make a mistake by changing something) 

3) log in and scroll down and click on the AMENDMENT option and download the amendment program and the .tax2019 file (this works after 10/31)  ... then you can play with the return all you like without messing up the online file.  (FYI ... in the future use the superior downloaded version to start with ... the Deluxe will do everything the online SE version does for a lesser price ... if you don't need a state return then you can use the Basic instead) 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Sorry but the IRS only wants the totals on the tax returns so that is all that is on the forms.   The detailed input screens was only for your benefit and IMHO a waste of time if you keep good accounting records as you should all year.

Now ... to see the details either in the program or on the worksheets that were produced : 

1)  log in and scroll down and click on ADD A STATE to open the 2019 return (this option will only work until 10/31) then you can review all the entry screens but you MUST  NOT make any changes in the online program.

2)  once you have opened the 2019 return in option one use the PRINT CENTER  to save a PDF of the return with and without the worksheets for future reference (this is the safe option so you don't make a mistake by changing something) 

3) log in and scroll down and click on the AMENDMENT option and download the amendment program and the .tax2019 file (this works after 10/31)  ... then you can play with the return all you like without messing up the online file.  (FYI ... in the future use the superior downloaded version to start with ... the Deluxe will do everything the online SE version does for a lesser price ... if you don't need a state return then you can use the Basic instead) 

Thank you!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies