turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I pay for turbotax from my refund amount?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Unfortunately, that feature has been suspended and is not available at this time.

That sucks. I cant afford to pay the 119 fee right now. Ugh

@billpierce49021 - please assume it will not be available the rest of this tax year and Online will shut down in October to get ready for the 2022 tax year.....

@billpierce49021  wrote:

That sucks. I cant afford to pay the 119 fee right now. Ugh

If it were available, there is also an additional $39.99 service fee if one could even use that "pay out of refund" option (44.99 for California filers.)    So you save money if you pay with a credit card, debit card, or a prepaid debit card you can buy in a store.

But you also may have a free option:

Is your AGI $73,000 or less?  If so, you could use one of the several free providers offered through the IRS Free File site.   The products there allow for filing the Form 1040 with all forms/schedules including Schedule C (you appear to be using Self-Employed Edition here.)

Here's the info:

https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free

Be sure to go to each provider through the link at the IRS website to view each one's particular offer.

NOTE:  Some providers have a different AGI limit (i.e., some have a limit that is less than $73,000) so evaluate each one carefully.

Read each provider's features carefully.  They all prepare a free Federal return.  Some of the providers also prepare free state returns.   Some prepare free state returns for just certain states.

Thanx for the answers. I used my CC. Once I get the refund, I can pay off said CC. 

@billpierce49021 - so curious because it facinates me why people would use this service (assuming you have a CC).  why did you entertain having your fees netted from your tax refund?

Turbo Tax Charges $40 for this service.  ($45 in  CA)

even if your fees were $100 and you put it on the credit card and then pay it off with the refund a month later, the interest is only $2.00 (that assumes 24% annualized interest rate on the cc).

really appreciate your response. 

I remember at one time, you could have the turbotax charge taken from the refund amount. I guess they no longer do that. I paid thru my CC last year too. It was just wishful thinking on my part.

@billpierce49021 - you can - but it costs $40 for the convenience.   The feature was turned off last week and i understand will re-appear in January. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies