Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cryan003

Tax Year Prior to 2020: How can I add my direct deposit information for the stimulus check or will it just be deposited onto my TurboTax Visa card

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

20 Replies
JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Tax Year Prior to 2020: How can I add my direct deposit information for the stimulus check or will it just be deposited onto my TurboTax Visa card

The IRS will be sending IRS-issued checks to those customers. They are still working on an IRS portal to enter banking information if a customer wants to receive payment by direct deposit. https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group

CARES Act - Stimulus Payment Information - Santa Barbara Tax Products Group

Santa Barbara TPG clients - get all of the latest information about the CARES Act Coronavirus Stimulus Payment from the IRS.

These links may help explain and guide you through the process.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/ link to stimulus registration (SR).  It is very important that you uses this link that says register now if you don't need to file taxes this year.  Otherwise, you will not be able to E-file a zero return. It also has the calculator.

The IRS says it is working on developing a web-based system for people to give the government their direct-deposit information. Keep checking www.irs.gov/coronavirus for more details on this.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

So to be clear, the stimulus money anticipated by many of us will NOT load onto our Turbo Tax prepaid Visa cards?  Is that correct?  

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

Yes, at this time that is correct.  

So how would I get my bank deposit details added for the refund?  Please advise.  Would really be helpful if we as users were given detailed responses.  Thank you.

Please note, neither the IRS or covid websites have a clearly defined "add bank details here" section. 

@lsberkshire12 wrote:

So how would I get my bank deposit details added for the refund?  Please advise.  Would really be helpful if we as users were given detailed responses.  Thank you.

Please note, neither the IRS or covid websites have a clearly defined "add bank details here" section. 

If you have filed a 2019 tax return and need to change or add your direct deposit information, see this IRS website - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know
The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?
In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

The Treasury is expected to shortly announce an online portal where direct deposit information can be supplied to the IRS. Here is what you should do:

So there is presently no way to update our information according to what you sent.  What now?  Just check back for whenever that "portal" might become available?  

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

I suggest you review the website if you only want to update your direct deposit information.i

I have reviewed the website numerous times.  As turbo tax did not notify card holders that the funds won't go on the cards we have.  I have been all over this website looking for the information of where to update direct deposit.  Have not found any information shy of "an online portal" is coming.  Do you have a better suggestion or link in mind?

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

If you only want to change your Direct Deposit Information

The Treasury is expected to shortly announce an online portal where direct deposit information can be supplied to the IRS. Here is what you should do: 

Go to  http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know to see if they have set up the online portal. (This article will be updated with the web address once it’s available.)

They say the portal will be posted in the coming weeks , but they are gonna be sending out stimulus check next week and no portal yet

i have not filed 2019 yet and even if i filed , i owe the irs , so it does give me the option for direct deposit only payment plan. On my 2018 return the banking information is not correct , is there a way to change 2018 banking info ?

VictorW9
Expert Alumni

As of now, NO. However, the IRS has promised to set up a portal where taxpayers can go to update their banking information but as of today, there is no word when this site will be up and running.

so there is no way to update it on turbo tax

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies