Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I access previous years worksheets? I do have access to previous years tax return but not the details of the information I entered.

To review past data, I can print the tax return for previous years but that print out doens't include worksheets and other useful information that can help to understand numbers reported.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

How can I access previous years worksheets? I do have access to previous years tax return but not the details of the information I entered.

The current PDF downloads for prior tax years include all the forms, schedules and worksheets.

To access your prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Start the 2022 online tax return by entering some personal information then click on Tax Home on the left side of the screen.

On the Tax Home webpage -

Scroll down to the section Your tax returns & documents.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

More specifically, I'd like to get access to entered data for Investments and Savings. Form 8949 provides the information flat and I cannot get back to the source of each line item.

jsmel

I had the same concern. I selected the process to amend my 2022 return. That allowed me to review all the input screens just like I was preparing the reyurn. For my purposes even better than having the worksheets. Then I just closed out without filing when I found the info I wanted.This year I will print a copy of the return with worksheets. As I recall that was an option at filing time, but as you stated it doesn't seem to be after the fact.

LindaS5247
Expert Alumni

If you filed your taxes with a TurboTax CD/download product, your tax return should be stored on your computer, so you can print a copy at any time. Before you e-file your return it asks you to save a PDF file to your computer.  Did you do that?

If you used TurboTax Online, you can log in and print copies of your tax return for free.

Here's how to view, download, and print your prior-year tax returns. You can access returns for the past seven years.

First time signing in this year

1. Sign in to your TurboTax account and select Continue on the screen showing your prior-year summary. Make sure you're using the same TurboTax account (user ID) as in prior years.
  2. On the second screen showing product and pricing, scroll down and select Your tax returns & documents.
  3. Select the year you want, then select Download/print return (PDF).

If you have already started your tax return:
Sign in to your TurboTax account. Make sure you're using the same TurboTax account (same user ID) as in previous years.

There are two ways to get your prior-year returns.

1. Select Documents from the side menu, use the dropdown menu to choose the tax year you want, and select Download tax PDF.
  2. From Tax Home, scroll down and select Your tax returns & documents. Select the year you want and select Download/print return (PDF).

Note: If the year you're looking for isn't there, it might be in a different account. Go here to find all of your accounts. One of them should have the return you're looking for.

Please click here for how to obtain a copy of your tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jsmel

Thank you for that. I was able to retreive my prior year return. The post was about the reviewing the input data that was used for the return. In 2021 when I filed I downloaded and saved the pdf document that included the "worksheets".I didn't do that in 2022. That doesn't seem to be available after the fact. The only file I see available now for 2022 is the federal return that was filed.The worksheets would have allowed me to see the input data I needed to verify. That's why I started to "amend" the return so I could review the input data.

claytones

I have solved this!!

The previous posters are correct. The worksheets to NOT show up by default. You can go back and download the same tax return all you want and the worksheets are not there. 

HERE IS THE SECRET!

You need to goto Tak Home then goto the previous year that you want then select ...
 AMEND using TurboTax

This opens the return back up. Now you can goto

Tax Tools -> Print Center. nad Print the return and this time select .....
Include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional)
This is it folks. All those delicious worksheets will be in the huge file. 

Once you've printed just click Tax Home and you are back like nothing ever happened. 

Can't believe I figured this out with the help of Yolanda at the online help 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies