Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi didn’t get a screen to add my bank account . For direct deposit . Where do I go to add that?

I need to update my bank info on turbo tax ,and I didn’t get any screen to ask me where I would like my refund to go
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Hi didn’t get a screen to add my bank account . For direct deposit . Where do I go to add that?

If you're getting a refund, we'll ask for your bank account info once you choose the direct deposit option (it's on the How would you like to receive your federal refund? screen in the File section). For more information please click the link below.

Where do I enter my bank's routing or account numb ...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi @ChondelLO while doing 2020 taxes I do not have any refund nor do I have to pay.

Can I still add my Bank Information on the Return so that IRS gets it. This way they can send the next stimulus as direct deposit instead of by check which can get lost.

Thank you

@nikki20201 wrote:

Hi @ChondelLO while doing 2020 taxes I do not have any refund nor do I have to pay.

Can I still add my Bank Information on the Return so that IRS gets it. This way they can send the next stimulus as direct deposit instead of by check which can get lost.

Thank you

If you are not receiving a tax refund or do not have taxes owed, there is no where on your tax return to enter any bank information.  The TurboTax program will not request bank information when there is no refund or taxes owed.

Hi Donin

Yes you are right, then alternately I could get my bank info registered in IRS computers other ways:

(1) (a) Apply for extension - pay $100

(b) After April 15 - file my taxes - with Bank Info - and get $100 back as refund.

The issue with the above approach is that  I would have to wait to file only after April 1.

Is there any other way, where I do not have to wait till beyond April 15 ?

Is it still possible to pay estimated tax of $100 and then after a month say in March file my taxes ?

Thank you

Nik

@DoninGA 

Hi Donin

Yes you are right, then alternately I could get my bank info registered in IRS computers other ways:

(b) After April 15 - file my taxes - with Bank Info - and get $100 back as refund.

The issue with the above approach is that  I would have to wait to file only after April 1.

Is it still possible to pay estimated tax of $100 and then after a month say in March file my taxes ?

Thank you

Nik

@nikki20201 wrote:

@DoninGA 

Hi Donin

Thank you

Nik

Don't know if those scenarios will work or not.  The IRS used the bank information based on the 2019 or 2018  federal returns that were filed with using either a direct deposit or direct debit bank information for the prior stimulus payments.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies