turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dr3aa

Hey since I filed with you guys I was unable to verify my identity? So I still haven’t received my return but with everything being closed I don’t know what to do ..

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Hey since I filed with you guys I was unable to verify my identity? So I still haven’t received my return but with everything being closed I don’t know what to do ..

Per the IRS Website's IRS Operations During COVID-19: Mission-critical functions continue

Taxpayer Protection Program: If you received correspondence from the IRS asking if you filed a suspicious tax return, you may use the online Identity Verification Service to validate your identity. Because the IRS cannot take calls or appointments right now, this is the only present option and is only for taxpayers who receive IRS letters asking them to authenticate their identity via online, telephone or in-person and confirm whether they filed the tax return in question.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
kmtrax

I tried to use the online Identity verification, but it does not accept my information which I know is accurate and says I must call, but they are not taking calls.  This is in reference to my 2018 tax return, and now they will not accept my 2019 tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies