Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Awilson42
Returning Member

Help

I tried to do my taxes but it says I already filed it wen I only started to file but never finished how can u help thank u

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Help

If you log in and the option to continue is not presented then log in and scroll down and click on ADD A STATE to open the account so you can continue the entries ...

add a state 2018.PNG

Awilson42
Returning Member

Help

O already did that it's satin I filed and got a return and I didnt

Help

What is the return status for the 2019 return  ? 

return status 2.jpg

Awilson42
Returning Member

Help

It says that I ready filed and my federal is a filed and my state will b mailed that's all

Help

Ok so you efiled the fed and hopefully you mailed in the state already... if not use the ADD A STATE trick to open the account and switch to efile state in the FILE tab.

Now for the federal return ...

If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - 
https://www.irs.gov/refunds

When using the IRS WMR tool, be sure you enter the correct SSN and filing status.

Use only the Federal refund amount.  Do not use any combined total refund figure that TurboTax may have shown you that includes the state refund, if applicable.

Look at your actual 2019 return to get the Federal refund amount.  Be sure you are using what is displayed on your Federal Form 1040, Line 21a for the Federal refund amount.

Due to the pandemic and the stimulus payments being handled by the IRS, the IRS has delayed the processing of many tax returns.

See this IRS website for information - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

Awilson42
Returning Member

Help

It's says I'm all ready to b filed but when I get on it it says someone with my ssn already filed so I can't I don't understand please help me out

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Help

It depends.

Was it possible that someone could have claimed you as a dependent on their tax return?  If so, they may have filed using your information.  

Please see the following information from the IRS if you believe someone filed a tax return using your social security number.

Reporting suspected tax fraud

You will not be able to e-file your return if you are getting a message indicating your information has already been reported on a return filed.  You will need to mail your tax return in.

Printing your return

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies