turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Mchristy2014
Returning Member

Has anyone receive the reissue direct deposit stimulus check number 3 from the IRS if you ran into the wrong direct deposit bank acct info for the 3rd time with turbotax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Has anyone receive the reissue direct deposit stimulus check number 3 from the IRS if you ran into the wrong direct deposit bank acct info for the 3rd time with turbotax?

@Mchristy2014 

They sent mine to an unknown account and told me I'd get a check in 90 days. Ridiculous

Mchristy2014
Returning Member

well they told me that they would send it to the address on my 2020 taxes, which I have not filed yet because I got screwed the last two times with the stimulus **bleep** and then the second option was they will redeposit it in the information that I submitted to the tax portals the TurboTax last time which they still haven't done however says that they're going to send me the payment direct deposited to that account or that they would mail me a check within 14 days however it's been 14 days and not a **bleep** thing has happened except for the updated the last four digits of my account online but not deposited anything nor have they mailed anything or have they given me a payment date which I was the first batch supposedly to go out anyways. Which obviously they sent to the wrong account. How much do you want to bet we never see a penny of those funds? Everybody does the right thing and gets screwed and TurboTax is pointing fingers at the IRS and IRS is pointing fingers of TurboTax and nobody wants to help the people who need it the most. 

@Mchristy2014 

And to make matters worse the irs director the empty suit that he is says if you don't get a check for whatever reason you have to claim it next year on your 2021 which is absurd

Mchristy2014
Returning Member

well that's BS because I've got it in writing that they're going to reissue it to my direct deposit account or that they would send it to me in the mail within 14 days. And then I guarantee you everybody's having to clean this tax credit next year for this year this time I bet you they owe a debt. That's a loophole and that's how they're getting their money whether it be child support whether it be IRS debt Federal that some type of debt is owed and this is the only way for them to get it resolved. People owe taxes or child support or other things that can be seized with filing your tax refund because that's where they put this stimulus check in the fact that they have that loophole and they haven't fixed it shows their intent. I mean honestly how many times does the IRS gone after people in their money they owe them but yet no we can't go after the IRS now? I think that's BS and it needs to be addressed and they need to be held liable for it because there's no reason if we are such a small number of people who did not receive our stimulus checks in the correct account why hasn't it been reissued yet if it's such a small number as people like to claim meaning the IRS and TurboTax where's it at? Also turbo checks obviously did not check and make sure that the IRS had the correct account information because if so they would have my account information on file which they do not and they did receive it last time for the correction of the second stimulus check. So where did my information go? And what information did you verify turbotax?

@Mchristy2014 

I read all kinds of things, I read that if the check for the third stimulus is returned that we could enter our bank info on the get my payment tool for a reissue, yesterday is when I read about that rettig guy saying if we fail to receive our check this time it'll be a rebate on the 2021 return which I hope not cause the irs and check don't mix well as they mailed my 2nd stim check Feb 2 and I still haven't gotten it.

Ny third stimulus even having my new bank info from my 2020 they sent it to some bank acct I never heard of before, then told me in 90 days I'd get a check.now the tool says it'll be mailed March 31 I'm not sure they have a clue what they are doing

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies