turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Has Anyone gotten approved for a Turbo Tax advance loan. Then was denied after IRS acceptance?First time applying. Does not make sense

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Has Anyone gotten approved for a Turbo Tax advance loan. Then was denied after IRS acceptance?First time applying. Does not make sense

No one here would know why you were not approved for the Refund Advance.  See the following for refund eligibility.

Refund Advance eligibility

Here are some of the eligibility requirements to qualify for a Refund Advance loan:

• You’re 18 or older and have a Social Security number
  • Your expected federal refund amount is $500 or more
  • You’re not a resident of Nebraska, North Carolina, Connecticut, or Illinois
  • You’re e-filing your federal tax return with TurboTax
  • Your physical address is listed on your tax return. Your address must be located in one of the eligible states and can’t be a PO box or prison address
  • You’re not filing one of these tax forms: 1310, 4852, 4684, 4868, 1040SS, 1040PR, 1040X, 8888, or 8862
  • You aren’t filing on behalf of a deceased taxpayer
  • You must report income on a Form W-2, 1099-R, Sched C, or Sched C-EZ
  • You haven’t previously opened a Credit Karma Money™ Spend (checking) account and closed that account

View solution in original post

8 Replies

No one here would know why you were not approved for the Refund Advance.  See the following for refund eligibility.

Refund Advance eligibility

Here are some of the eligibility requirements to qualify for a Refund Advance loan:

• You’re 18 or older and have a Social Security number
  • Your expected federal refund amount is $500 or more
  • You’re not a resident of Nebraska, North Carolina, Connecticut, or Illinois
  • You’re e-filing your federal tax return with TurboTax
  • Your physical address is listed on your tax return. Your address must be located in one of the eligible states and can’t be a PO box or prison address
  • You’re not filing one of these tax forms: 1310, 4852, 4684, 4868, 1040SS, 1040PR, 1040X, 8888, or 8862
  • You aren’t filing on behalf of a deceased taxpayer
  • You must report income on a Form W-2, 1099-R, Sched C, or Sched C-EZ
  • You haven’t previously opened a Credit Karma Money™ Spend (checking) account and closed that account

Yes me. Trying to figure out what happened. They gave me a amount and everything. Showed my final numbers. I signed contract and all.

@Poshina1 this is a user to user forum so no here would know about your refund advance.  You might want to contact TurboTax Support for help.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/account-management/contact-turbotax/L2y9...

This was definitely a bad move on Turbo end they should’ve stayed with the turbo card. I can’t stand credit karma. 

Shunnie
Returning Member

Did you ever receive the refund advance?

First off I know what this is. I responded to someone else post. Explaining what happened to me. Second off who are you to tell me where to post. Ppl need to stay quiet and mind the business that pays them. So with that being said 👋

Poshina...Did you get an email denying you? Going on 9 days, nothing. 

boopmagic

No it's a scam to get you to open a account you don't need and good your money up on they systems

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies