Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Filing Status - 2020 Return

I had to file my return this year by mail this year because multiple efiling attempts were rejected.  I filed the return in the second week of April 2021.    I haven't been able to find out if the return was even accepted by the IRS (I do have a USPS receipt that it was received).  I attempted to use the various IRS tools to find out my return's status but cannot find any information.  Any thoughts on where to turn?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

All you can do is sit tight and wait ... when they finally get around to opening up your envelope and entering it in the system the WMR? tool will not have anything  to report ... check once a week until you see it is in the system.  Sadly mailed in returns this  year could take 4 to 6 months to process ... possibly longer. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

All you can do is sit tight and wait ... when they finally get around to opening up your envelope and entering it in the system the WMR? tool will not have anything  to report ... check once a week until you see it is in the system.  Sadly mailed in returns this  year could take 4 to 6 months to process ... possibly longer. 

Thanks for your quick response.  It's what I assumed was happening.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies