Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Blaklyon

Federal tax return not recieved.

I filled taxes April 01and, recieved my state tax. But, I have not yet recieved my federal tax refund yet. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

Once your return has been accepted by the IRS, the refund process depends entirely on the IRS. Although most refunds are issued within 21 days, some may be take longer, especially during these Covid-19 times.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

the phone rang with the number how has it expired when I just got it  888-11

I now have new number 672035

I checked IRS they told me to talk to you

@ Edwin2 wrote:

I now have new number ######

I'm sorry, but this is a user community forum, and without any information, we don't know what you are doing.   This is a public Internet forum, so don't post any personal info here. 

We have no idea what you are doing and what that number refers to.    If you are referring to an emailed code to verify your efiling, you have to leave the window open that asks for the code while you use another window or tab to retrieve the code from your email.   If you close the first window/tab, it will invalidate the code and show the code as "expired."

Otherwise, if that's not it, you need to explain in detail what your issue is.  But do not post any personal info in this public forum.

I opened an account at 1st national to receive my tax return. After opening the account and sending router # to the IRS for direct deposit, my return was deposited in the account! Every day I checked for a balance and it showed 0 current balance every time I checked on it? Upon opening the account there were security questions that had NOT been asked nor answered? I had no knowledge of such questions neither by phone call or E-mail? After a period of time gone by, 1st national without notifying me sent the return back to the IRS? In order for the IRS to send a paper check out they asked for proof of identity?  The form from turbo tax and some form of ID but wasn't told where, who, when to send? The IRS building here in Chico is only doing appts. For specific things and NONE are for my specific needs!! Every phone call is automated and never reach a live person? So what can I do now that will get me my return sooner than later?

@Caretaker3396 wrote:

I opened an account at 1st national to receive my tax return. After opening the account and sending router # to the IRS for direct deposit, my return was deposited in the account! Every day I checked for a balance and it showed 0 current balance every time I checked on it? Upon opening the account there were security questions that had NOT been asked nor answered? I had no knowledge of such questions neither by phone call or E-mail? After a period of time gone by, 1st national without notifying me sent the return back to the IRS? In order for the IRS to send a paper check out they asked for proof of identity?  The form from turbo tax and some form of ID but wasn't told where, who, when to send? The IRS building here in Chico is only doing appts. For specific things and NONE are for my specific needs!! Every phone call is automated and never reach a live person? So what can I do now that will get me my return sooner than later?

The IRS had to send you a notice requesting you verify your identity.  Follow the instructions on the notice.

See this IRS website for identity verification - https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-fraud-scams/identity-verification-for-irs-letter-recipients

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies