Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Federal Tax Refund - Status changed from "Pending" to "We cannot provide..."

Hello,

I filed my tax returns through Turbo Tax E-filling and it was accepted on 3/15. I received my State Refund within the first week but still have not received my Federal Returns. When I checked the Refund Status page on the IRS website, it initially sends "Pending" but that message has now been changed to:

"We cannot provide any information about your refund. Be sure to:

• verify your filing date;
  • check with your tax preparer or tax software provider; or
  • verify you received your electronically filed acknowledgement e-mail."

Has anyone ever experienced this and have any recommendations if I need to take any actions?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

14 Replies

I am having the same problem and I filed on 3/13 at 2:12pm and got a conformation the irs accepted my return 

Same problem here also

I filed and accepted on February 13 got a letter March 30 need further processing now unable to get information.

I am having this same issue!! Please keep me posted if you find anything out. 

I filed my taxs Feb 7th and yet to receive my refound. Is there anyway you could tell me where its out please and thank you

Same boat as well. Accepted 2/13 nothing yet. Seems like a unable to complete work load with reduced staff. Whose call was it to reduce staff in IRS department during tax season. Smh

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@Billyg1313 Continue to monitor your refund on the IRS Where’s My Federal Refund? site for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight. Sometimes this happens if an update is being made to the site.

Please see the links below for more information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am in the same situation, can't speak to anyone cause there not even excepting phone calls 

Just checked site and it states that my information does not match. Thus why I’m not seeing anything I can’t get into see anything. It said earlier I needed to check with you guys.

Nick_R_82
Returning Member

You have to put in the amount for FEDERAL only. Do not include the state amount with your return. Should work then. 

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Select the Re-Enter button to try again. In particular, make sure you enter your exact federal refund dollar amount, social security number and filing status. For more info please click the link below.

Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund ...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Nick_R_82
Returning Member

You have to put in the amount for FEDERAL only. Do not include the state amount with your return. Should work then. 

I’m sorry but if you seen the ongoing message then you will understand. I went from need further processing to unable to give information at this time to information does not match. So I tried almost everything and still nothing not even sure why they even pulled my form my numbers are the same as last year give or take an extra thousand because of a raise at my job.

All - I'm having the same exact issues that Alonzo described. For weeks (if not months), I was able to access the Refund Status page with my information (SS, Filing Status, Federal Amount) and I was able to see that it's still in progress. I've checked over a dozen times using the same information.

Just yesterday (4/14), the Refund page is no longer accepting my information to check the refund. It feels almost like the site it glitched or my specific tax return is now out of their system so I can no longer view the status. I'm confident that I'm typing in the same information, as I mentioned earlier I've been able to check over a dozen times.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies