turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Error resolution department

My return was accepted 2/3

called today after seeing no updates on the refund site or app, said my return is in the error resolution department. Couldn’t tell me what the error was because she explained the letter hasn’t been sent. If the letter had been sent, she could see the reason. Anything like this happened to others?  Could it be that they are trying to fix the issue and that’s why a letter hasn’t gone out yet? She said could take 6 weeks before I even see a letter. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

My return also ended up in error resolution, I didn't claim stimulus rebates cause I got my stimulus already and my return isn't much different than last year, I made less thanks to two bouts of covid.

When I filed Turbotax showed no problems so I have no clue what is going on, IRS told me today no letters have been sent and they told me it might take 10 weeks until it's resolved, Ridiculous.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

You are not alone.  We have seen several request for information.  Error Resolution is a department within the IRS where there are returns with errors that require sending a notice to customers explaining the error and the resolution.  Usually this takes a few weeks.

TurboTax is not a part of this process.  After transmitting your return TurboTax is no longer involved in the process.  It is a privacy issue.  You will have to contact the IRS for further information regarding this return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies