turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

leenm

Early 2020 Return Accepted Before Feb 12th Opening?

Where’s my refund isn’t functioning properly. I’m still at processing on where’s my refund but my deposit has already happened. EIC claimed. 

Ikr 

js WMR sucks. It’s was on second bar last year and I had already received my return.  This year seems to be going the same pace as a sloth.   Hold on y’all !!  Good luck to us all 

@qpolkbenais that regarding the stimulus? I don't know what that is if it isn't. I did claim EITC. I checked this morning and still no movement smh still 1 bar and Santa Barbara Bank hasn't received my refund yet 

• @Ldynay85 no not stimulus,it's where you can use your 2019 EIC if it helps your get a bigger refund 

@qpolkbena I'm not sure. 

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

@Ldynay85 The IRS will delay returns with the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Advanced Child Tax Credit, as they have for several years.

The IRS anticipates a first week of March refund for many EITC and ACTC taxpayers if they file electronically with direct deposit and there are no issues with their tax returns. This would be the same experience for taxpayers if the filing season opened in late January. Taxpayers will need to check Where's My Refund for their personalized refund date.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

There is actually no delay for anyone that falls under the Pact Act aka the returns that claimed EIC, Child Tax Credit and Additional Child Tax Credit. 

In previous years the Path Act delayed the release of refunds until after February 15th when the path act freeze lifted.  

However since the IRS delayed the start date for 2020 to February 12th there is no Pact Act Freeze on those returns claiming those tax credits.  

Numerous people have gotten their refunds this week with those tax credits. It's just how fast and where inline your return is at AND if the return was filed correct with no errors. 

So no, you are wrong. All you are doing is quoting and or copying and pasting what the IRS has posted on the Q&A section. Really no help. 

The irs has always taken at least 3 weeks to issue my refund-with eitc and actc, so I don’t expect that to be any different this year 

@Halljr71 

Same here.  Last two years its always taken the irs 2 weeks to update my transcripts with a date for the following week.  Last two years transcripts updated on Friday so I'm expecting the same this year as well. 

I think anyone with ctc and actc is going to be like that....could be wrong though. Seems there is no rhythm to the IRS madness this year having to deal with the stimulus check issues.  

The IRS states on their website that there could be delays with refunds this year.  You can check the status of your refund directly.  Here is the link:  https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Here is a TurboTax article with more information about refunds.

@Halljr71

IRS states those delays only affect paper tax returns and incomplete or returns that have errors. 

For the most part 21 days a correct for efilers. 

Path Act section is not relevant this year since the start date was the 12th and the 15th path act lifts. 

Looking back at my previous years transcripts and when I was able to order them to when I filed it was two weeks between those dates. 

People shouldn't worry until it gets past 21 days from their file date. 

I have seen lots of people in different groups get upset about others getting refunds and panicking that they still haven’t gotten theirs. Every tax return is different and people need to let the process play out and it will eventually 

Just got irs wmr update went to second bar usually 24 to 48 hours after that hope things are coming

@Halljr71 

I agree. 

Bad thing about those groups is there is a ton of false and misleading information. 

People who have gotten their refunds don't necessarily listed the credits they claimed or details of their return. Not all of them have the same tax situation and some may have have errors as well. People tend to see the minimum information and get all worked because they have not gotten there's yet. 

IRS has stated the 21 day rule for at least the last 10 years that I can remember  yet people getting worked up on day 10 not getting anything. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies