turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ckborschel
Returning Member

E-Filed with incorrect address

I just E-Filed my return for 2019 and noticed my address was incorrect in a couple of ways.  I own a home that was also my mailing address in 2019, but I moved in order to renovate so my mailing address was updated.

The error on the tax return looks like this:  the address is to the home I am renovating (instead of my updated mailing address), but also has the "City" of my updated mailing address.  Some sort of automatic browser form-fill thing happened. 

I requested my refund be direct deposited in my bank account so there will be no physical check by mail.  Should I do anything or simply wait?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

If you need to change your address, follow the instructions in the IRS tax topic at the link below.

https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc157

ckborschel
Returning Member

@tagteam ,

The address on file with the IRS (Address A) is correct and has been for a long time.  That address is for the home I am RENTING while I renovate the home I own (Address B) .

I accidentally E-filed my 2019 return with the address of the other home (B), except the CITY in that address is also incorrect.

At this point I'm hoping that it won't cause an issue since my refund is set for Direct Deposit, but I have no idea how returns are processed when the IRS receives them. 

Thank you for the response.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies