Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

E file payment

I paid to have my state return e filed but I have to file by mail will I be getting a refund?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

E file payment

@Robadub1  

Are you using Online TurboTax (web version) or the desktop product (CD/download)?

Online TurboTax has no efile fees--just a preparation fee, whether efiled or mailed.   

If you're using desktop software, however, and are referring to a 19.99 or 24.99 state efile fee,  here's how to reach Customer Support:

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern), 7 days/week

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

chesmanel20
Returning Member

E file payment

Can I pay my state e-file fee of 19.99 from my tax state tax refund>

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

E file payment

No. Pay With My Refund can only deduct your TurboTax fees from your federal refund.

This means you won't be able to use Pay With My Refund as a payment method if you don't have a federal refund or if your federal refund isn't enough to cover your TurboTax fees plus the fees, if any, for Pay With My Refund.

You can use Pay With My Refund to pay your TurboTax state fees – you just can't deduct any TurboTax fees from your state refund.

Note: There may or may not be a charge for Pay With My Refund, depending on your situation and which add-ons you choose.

Can I pay the TurboTax fee with my state refund?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

E file payment

@chesmanel20 

As TurboTax CassLO explained above, you can't pay anything out of a state refund.  If you choose to pay a product fee out of your Federal refund, there is an additional $40 service fee ($45 for California filers.)  In California, that payment method is included as one of the features of Premium Services bundle (Audit Defense, ID monitoring/protection, etc.) for $45.

That's a hefty service fee to pay for a 19.99 charge.   Unless you are in California and want the added benefits of Premium Services at 44.99, then you will save money by paying the 19.99 upfront with credit/debit card or a prepaid debit card you can buy in a store.

thomp8825

E file payment

yes ok I will use my card

thomp8825

E file payment

yes

thomp8825

E file payment

Can I use PayPal to cover cost or my charge card

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

E file payment

We accept credit, debit, and prepaid cards with a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover logo. For more information please click the link below.

What forms of payment does TurboTax Online accept? - Community

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
thomp8825

E file payment

Can i use my charge card visa

thomp8825

E file payment

Since i received another 1099 and added it to my original e-file i would like to re e-file using my visa card

E file payment

@thomp8825 wrote:

Since i received another 1099 and added it to my original e-file i would like to re e-file using my visa card

You cannot re-file a tax return when the original return was e-filed and accepted by the IRS.  You can only amend the tax return to add the Form 1099.

Remove the Form 1099 you entered as the tax return must be exactly as it was originally filed before the tax return can be amended.

An amended tax return, Form 1040X, can only be printed, signed, dated and mailed by you to the IRS, it cannot be e-filed. The IRS will take up to 4 months to process the amended tax return. Wait until you have received the tax refund or the taxes owed have been paid and processed by the IRS before amending the tax return.

To access your online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show. Click on the Year and Click on Amend (change) return

See this TurvrboTax support FAQ for amending a 2019 tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-do-i-amend-a-2019-return-in-turbotax/01/123845...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies